mini to mini cable
Feb 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 13
Feb 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 13
thanks, i bought the cardas 6" mini to mini cable from e-bay for $20 shipped. not a bad deal and it was just around my price range. cant wait til it arrives. maybe i'll hear a difference between these and stock?
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 13
Interesting to hear less-expensive alternatives to BJC. I always regarded them as the least expensive quality cable source. Maybe there are others?

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, i bought the cardas 6" mini to mini cable from e-bay for $20 shipped. not a bad deal and it was just around my price range. cant wait til it arrives. maybe i'll hear a difference between these and stock?
wink_face.gif

I doubt it. But you'll feel like a pro that's for sure
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he can't justify paying $35 for a cable, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that he really can't justify paying $50 + shipping for a cable
wink.gif

Yes but if he were to change his mind or if others were to come here looking for information, then the Milian site is "Out There" for the info.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

wink_face.gif

The Cardas mini to mini is nice sounding cable and very flexible. You should enjoy it.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

wink_face.gif

Excelent choice ! I bought the Cardas from Headroom. It my first interconnect that didn't come as an accessory to something else.
I recently bought a Little Dot Micro from a chinese site and it came with a beautiful OFC interconnect, but the packaging was all in chinese so I don't know where to look for it seperately.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 13
DIY your own. Get some Canare, or some kind of good mic cable and get some connectors and make some. That would be cheapest of that quality, i guess.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 13
Yep. A mini to mini of that size (cardas/mogami/canare) would roughly cost 5$ to build.
Unless you wanna use Switchcraft plugs instead of the usual Neutrik and throw some fancy techflex for bling bling.

And the best part is that it'll prolly perform better then all of those crazy voodoo cryo treated rubbish you see all around for silly amounts of $$. Because those just use braided non shielded wires, while the proffesional mic cables are shielded and better insulated.
The custom built cables by non proffesional blokes are stiff like a #$@%$ too. So they'll prolly break sooner aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back