Mini to Mini Best bang for buck? $20-$50
Mar 7, 2007 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

kaizer

New Head-Fier
As the title says, Im looking for a mini to mini (will connect my zune to a portable amp). Just curious what the best bang for the buck is. I saw some cardas cables at headroom for 14-17 I think, but it didnt look much better than the standard radio shack connector. Suggestions? I dont really want to spend over 50 on this.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 21
Check Cantsleep or Skyline's FS threads with mini mini's. They are built great and I'm sure they sound great too.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 21
Hrm the only threads I saw for them were a bit older now. I guess ill have to keep an eye out. Been tempted to go to that headfi meet in San Jose as well.. only about 20-30m from my place
smily_headphones1.gif
Perhaps I could find a good cable there on the cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 21
You can always PM them.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 21
There are other cable builders here. I get mine from terrymx. Shoot him a PM for details. He's a great guy.

I also have the 6" Cardas. It should be fine for your purposes.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 21
Why not just make it yourself!

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 21
The best bang for your buck would be www.apuresound.com
I just got on of their mini-mini and its AMAZING

P1030514.jpg

works great for my portable rig. Owner is a member here too, not sure what his handle is.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #11 of 21
If you don't want to jump into DIY, I would like to vouch for cantsleep. His cables are top notch and I think you can probably get a mini - mini for about $25.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best bang for your buck would be www.apuresound.com
I just got on of their mini-mini and its AMAZING

P1030514.jpg

works great for my portable rig. Owner is a member here too, not sure what his handle is.

[ak]zip; definitely, one of the best mini to mini that i've heard.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw some cardas cables at headroom for 14-17 I think, but it didnt look much better than the standard radio shack connector.

It is a lot better than the last Radio Shack interconnect I had. Don't write off those little Cardas cables. I still haven't decided how much of the difference between the Cardas and my ALO cryo is wishful thinking on my part, but I definitely could hear the substantial improvement of the Cardas over a cheapie interconnect.

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a lot better than the last Radio Shack interconnect I had. Don't write off those little Cardas cables. I still haven't decided how much of the difference between the Cardas and my ALO cryo is wishful thinking on my part, but I definitely could hear the substantial improvement of the Cardas over a cheapie interconnect.

yes, i thought it was pretty okay for the price you pay for it..

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #15 of 21
another vote for cantsleep, i bought two cables from him for $70 and they sound nearly as good as the ALO jumbo cryo ($35 vs. $145).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back