Mini SF Bay Area meet
Oct 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #136 of 187
Looks like a fun list of gear.  Should be good times for those of you attending.  

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #137 of 187
  Stuff I can bring:

DACs: * HRT Musicstreamer II+
* HRT Musicstreamer II
* Audio-gd NFB-12

Unless there's any specific requests, I'd just be bringing the HE-500, HD650, Mad Dog, Soloist and HRT MSII+.

Would it be possible to bring the HRT MSII also? I've been considering those, the II+ are outside my budget. Thanks!

As for myself all I can bring are my HTC One, JDS Labs ODAC+O2 Combo, and Sennheiser HD598. Note that my ODAC+O2 is the unified housing, meaning it requires a power outlet.

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #138 of 187
Sure, it's small.  I'll be frank... I'm not a big fan of the MSII.  Or the ODAC.  I compared them side by side and barely heard a difference (with the MSII slightly winning).  The MSII+, on the other hand, is a clear improvement.

Since you got an ODAC, I'd recommend saving for a bigger step up.

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #139 of 187
Hey guys,

Is there still room for more gear at the venue? This is what I have on hand right now, If there's some interest I can bring any combination of these.

Headphones:

HD650
DT880 (600ohm)
AT W1000X
Hifiman HE-500
Denon D5000
Denon D7000
Beyer COP

Amps and DACs:

WA7 Fireflies
Yulong D100 MKII
Yulong Sabre DA8
Grant Fidelity Tube DAC
Aune T1

Sources:

AK100
FiiO X3
MPB Retina 15"

Let me know what you're interested in and I'll do my best to bring it : )

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #140 of 187
Sure, it's small.  I'll be frank... I'm not a big fan of the MSII.  Or the ODAC.  I compared them side by side and barely heard a difference (with the MSII slightly winning).  The MSII+, on the other hand, is a clear improvement.

Since you got an ODAC, I'd recommend saving for a bigger step up.

Yeah I've seen this comparison a lot, my ODAC is still within the return window so I wanted to compare it with some alternatives in the same price range. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Is there still room for more gear at the venue? This is what I have on hand right now, If there's some interest I can bring any combination of these.

Amps and DACs:

WA7 Fireflies
Yulong D100 MKII
Yulong Sabre DA8
Grant Fidelity Tube DAC
Aune T1

Let me know what you're interested in and I'll do my best to bring it : )

Ooh, I hate to be greedy but could you bring the Aune T1? Based on my comments on the Objective stack I've been told I may like a tube setup better.

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #141 of 187
So, when and where exactly? I'm interested just have to check work and driving distances from Rohnert Park. Also if I can go, does anyone have an iPod LOD they can bring? Mines busted and I want to be able to play some music :D

Found the date and time, and Fremont. Seems like a lot of people... I might say I'm better off going to work instead of taking the day off, and heading to the giant meet in February. Save for something bigger! (headphones not meets, I'd love to go....)

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #142 of 187
I have updated the first post with more information from Voxoa.

My special thanks to them for their kindness and generosity.

We finally have a place and time.

I'll update the first post again with information about who's coming and bringing what when I have time this afternoon.

For those who haven't spoken up yet, please let me know if you can make it so that I can update the first post. It's finally happening!

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #143 of 187
Hey Bill-P.
This is great... but please change my status to 'maybe', and it's doubtful I'll be able to bring anything.
As I said in an earlier post, I'm assisting setup for an event later that night, and will be coming straight from there.

(maybe I'll just have my D7k's... I don't know)

Thanks again for all you've done to get this to happen!

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #144 of 187
Hi Bill-P,  I'll bring HD800/HD600, AKG K550, ATH-M50, LOD for mdraluck if he does not play tennis or work, UE Demos.  See you soon!  Richard, hope you make it...

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #145 of 187
Should be able to make it. Probably leave around 5-6 though to another meet (cars lol). I can bring the asgard 2 and the 3.5mm to rca and coax to digital adapter for the macbook pro, i haven't upgraded to mavericks so sound should be ok. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #146 of 187
  i haven't upgraded to mavericks so sound should be ok. 

Wait, did I miss something?  Is there something busted with sound in Mavericks?

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #147 of 187
Bill-P  It doesn't look like I am on the list.   I think I will just try to bring my LCD3's since there doesn't seem to be much room .  

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #149 of 187
No answer about available table space?

There's a picture of what looks like a conference room with one big conference room table on the first page.  

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #150 of 187
Bill-P, I'm also not on the list (but I would like to be). 

Also wondering about table space and what gear I should bring. So far there's only interest in the T1 and I can bring that no problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back