Mini-Review ALO SXC XLR balanced interconnects vs Anti-Cables XLR, mmwwhats "Whirly Wisp", and generic Mogami starquad & SPC
Nov 4, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to form a guideline on cables. Would it make sense to use the same hp cable as your ICs or would it make any difference?

I have found that the same cable can sound different as a headphone cable and IC. The only way to know is to try it.

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmwwhats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to clarify... I've set the price of the Lucky Sevens starting at $90 for a 2' RCA pair and $105 for 2' XLR pair.

Wow. $105 to get the same sound quality as the $200 anti-cables XLR sets the new standard for "best bang for the buck"!

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 23
I have to ship the Whirly Wisp XLR back to mmwwhats, but you could also contact him to buy them soon and I could ship them to you instead! I think He wants $50 shipped, and they are well worth it.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #20 of 23
Thanks for the review. Now I have to consider XLR cables, it's all the more relevant for me. I've got some Van Den Hul XLR cables on the way, which are uncommon in the USA from what I can tell. I hope one can I can compare them to a pair of SXC's as it would be very interesting.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #21 of 23
I just found out there is now a website to order the silver cables I reviewed at Welcome to YACCo. - Home

And the good news is the price on the Lucky Seven XLR 9-strand is now $105 for a 2 foot pair, which is pretty much the same performance as the $200 anti-cables. The RCA version is $90 for a pair of 7-strand ICs, which is still $10 less than anti-cables.

Interestingly, the 3-strand RCA did outperform the 3-strand XLR a bit, but the 9 strand XLR was well above either 3-strand in transparency and sound quality. It's a good buy. The 7-strand RCA is the only one I haven't tried or bought, but I expect it to match the 9-strand XLR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back