Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
Jan 11, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #138 of 151
Would like another meet this year. Didn't get to go to last years.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #139 of 151
I don't have any major new headphone gear yet (*), but I am actively shopping for purchases in the near future.

Probably will be an iFi micro iDSD dac+amp, plus a mid-tier set of cans. It's very hard to decide without hearing them side-by-side, but the top contenders are HiFiMan HE-400i or Oppo 2/3 or Senn HD-650. That's today, could change tomorrow. 

(* I did treat myself to a Christmas set of Xiaomi Piston 2 IEMs, which are on Tyll's InnerFidelity Hall of Fame at the thrifty $25 level. They sound excellent to me for the price, but I have trouble keeping them seated in my ears, and I don't really want to step up all the way to custom jobbies.)

Doug

at the Leesburg gathering last year, with my ancient Stax SR-X Mk III.

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #140 of 151
I did a small meet with some friends awhile back. I may see if I can set up something similar. I'd have to wait until a friend of mine comes back from over seas March-April time frame. He's got some pretty great stuff. If I can put something together I'll post it up here.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #141 of 151
Not much new here. I did obtain a GO 100 IEM which is really nice.  I [size=12.7272720336914px]will [/size]probably have some new items in the next few months that depends on shipping dates.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #143 of 151
  Yeah I second for meeting again, especially since I didn't make the other one! Had to work last minute, bummer. I'm in the Tampa area, and would love to see us get together here.

+1 yes Tampa area meet would be ideal for me and I missed the last as well.

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #145 of 151
I certainly will try to make it to any Florida meeting if I can.

Have recently crossed the Rubricon from "reading and plotting & scheming" to "buying (ouch there goes my wallet)". So I have some new-to-me gear I'll bring if I can make it:
* iFi Micro iDSD DAC/Amp
* HiFiMan HE-400i h/p
* Senn HD-650 h/p
* Fiio X-1 portable DAP

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #147 of 151
There is a Florida group that I started, a short while back. Everyone, here, should join so we can all gather and possibly get a larger meet going. Even if its more than one meet in different areas, it would be nice to hopefully get something going with a lot of people from or in Florida.

http://www.head-fi.org/groups/show/36/sunshine-state-head-fiers

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #149 of 151
  I have a pair of pre-fazor audeze lcd-2s and a mjolnir but nothing else. Id love to attend a meet.

I would love to hear this pairing.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back