Mini me meet SoFlo 1/6/07
Jan 6, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #226 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy that [size=small]I bought it[/size] from (Miami) forgot the remote so using it with Hybrid Sacd/Cd is not easy. I just put in Dimeola, McLaughlin & Delucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (Sacd only) and it sounds amazing. I have it on vinyl but the tt is not set up so I can't compare.

Hah! Knew it. Congrats.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #227 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah! Knew it. Congrats.

It's mine. I am really hoping this will be an all in one solution so I can sell the Ayre. I haven't listened to any redbook on the DV-50 yet. I will probably wait for the meet.

You need to bring the Extreme. I am leaving the ZD behind as I have two hefty cdp's to bring. The Dv-50 is almost 50 lbs and the Ayre is probably 35 lbs.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #228 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's mine. I am really hoping this will be an all in one solution so I can sell the Ayre. I haven't listened to any redbook on the DV-50 yet. I will probably wait for the meet.

You need to bring the Extreme. I am leaving the ZD behind as I have two hefty cdp's to bring. The Dv-50 is almost 50 lbs and the Ayre is probably 35 lbs.

so how does it sound!!

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #229 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so how does it sound!!

It sounds great. I'm listening to How the West Was Won on DVD-A. When I compared the Sacd layer on Blue Train Hybrid to the Cd layer, the Sacd was clearly superior. It just seemed to have better dynamics and seemed as if there was more information coming out of the speakers on Sacd. Incredible detail A very nice, balanced presentation. I probably should shut up and just listen. I am sure there is a part of this that is from the excitement of a new piece of gear. After Stairway to Heaven I am going to try a concert dvd.

I'm listening to the Crossroads Guitar Festival. It's a little more difficult to maneuver through the disc without the remote. Great stuff!

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #230 of 243
Tyrion:

I hope that this is the right thread.

all:

I would like some opinions about the Ayre CX-7E against the RA Opus 21. I am curious about the Wadia 302 as well. Why does Wadia no longer have a link to their 302 CD player on their website? Thanks.

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #231 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyrion:

all:

I would like some opinions about the Ayre CX-7E against the RA Opus 21. I am curious about the Wadia 302 as well. Thanks.

You found it. Stay tuned. We are going to use 3 Synergistic Research A/C Master Coupler power cords and 3 custom made Susnick Audio Interconnects. We will use a Moth Ps5 passive 5 input selector switch so we can have two amps going with 3 cdp's at one time.

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #234 of 243
Quote:

Tyrion:

all:

I would like some opinions about the Ayre CX-7E against the RA Opus 21. I am curious about the Wadia 302 as well. Why does Wadia no longer have a link to their 302 CD player on their website? Thanks.

Welly I am not sure why no link for the 302, it is a fairly new model

I can tell you the 302 is a killer player but I still have my heart set on the Ayre C5xe

Jan 6, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #235 of 243
I was a bit surprised to not see the Wadia 302 available on their website. I auditioned it about six months ago and I too thought it was a killer CD player that almost sounded like an analog turntable. Too bad.

The Ayre C-5xe is probably the best digital player I have auditioned thus far. With a Pure DSD SA-CD, it indeed sounds like an "optical turntable." Think CX-7E on mega dose stereo-oids and you get the picture.

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #236 of 243
Quote:

I was a bit surprised to not see the Wadia 302 available on their website. I auditioned it about six months ago and I too thought it was a killer CD player that almost sounded like an analog turntable. Too bad.

The Ayre C-5xe is probably the best digital player I have auditioned thus far. With a Pure DSD SA-CD, it indeed sounds like an "optical turntable." Think CX-7E on mega dose stereo-oids and you get the picture.

This is my next cdp I just have to decide if I want to eat ramen noodles and keep the Wadia and buy the C5xe or sell the Wadia and buy the C5xe and take a vacation. The Wadia with my ECSS amp is a killer rig or just the Wadia out of the balanced out puts with a balanced HP is awesome as well.

Welly did you go Opus?

Jan 7, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #238 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my next cdp I just have to decide if I want to eat ramen noodles and keep the Wadia and buy the C5xe or sell the Wadia and buy the C5xe and take a vacation. The Wadia with my ECSS amp is a killer rig or just the Wadia out of the balanced out puts with a balanced HP is awesome as well.

Welly did you go Opus?

jp11801:

You can not go wrong with either the Wadia 302 or an Ayre Acoustics C-5xe. If I may, I will share with you my opinion that the C-5xe is a superior source component because of its multi-format versatility and the Red Book CD performance is at the cutting edge of digital reproduction. It is still your decision.

I decided to buy the Resolution Audio Opus 21/XS because I need a more flexible and versatile CDP system with both analog and digital inputs so I can connect it with a new desktop PC purchase I am saving up for later. I also want a better AM/FM tuner than my Tivoli Model One as it is still an important medium for me. Finally, I find the RA modular system concept appealing and hopefully enduring as well.

Jan 7, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #239 of 243
Whoa...just about to leave for the airport. Figured i come and check the thread. I love that i can use VNC to my home machine and control it. MUAHAH.

BTW...anyone have a 1/8" Mini to Dual RCA cable i can use? Ill pay to have it shipped back if needs be. I was just thinking that i dont have a cable to use my new amp when i get home =( I might be able to rig something...but =(

Well...off we go...soo glad i have my e4's to keep me tied over for the flight. Cept for the popping when we started coming down. I was a dumb ass and forgot to take them out when my ears starting to feel the pressure. =(

Well, see you guys in about 8 hours or so =) Im going to crash on the plane so ill be rested up =)

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #240 of 243
is it an apartment building? is someone going to let us in? lol

someone please call me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back