Mini me meet SoFlo 1/6/07
Jan 6, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #211 of 243
DSCN0834-1.jpg

I didn't need the Darkvoice anymore. This is how I'm living now, messy bookshelf and all.

BTW, John, I didn't think you really wanted the Darkvoice, not after your recent spending spree. Besides, the kid was gonna go for a Little Dot...I could just feel it...and we couldn't let that happen to such a nice, young tube-eager guy, now could we?

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #212 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa, thats awesome!!! Im just reading about that monster.

Im soo bored....im stuck in a hotel room till tonight =( Then gotta be up tomorrow at 5am, cause my flight leaves here 6am. At least im close to the airport.

Boy im going to be tired tomorrow....but i can sleep more when im dead.

SOOOOO Excited for my DV boom....had dreams of it last night =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSCN0834-1.jpg

I didn't need the Darkvoice anymore. This is how I'm living now, messy bookshelf and all.

BTW, John, I didn't think you really wanted the Darkvoice, not after your recent spending spree. Besides, the kid was gonna go for a Little Dot...I could just feel it...and we couldn't let that happen to such a nice, young tube-eager guy, now could we?

Vicky, the bookshelf, I mean amp looks great. You did the right thing. I think we need an intervention with jp and his gear buying. The guy never stops.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #213 of 243
You're one to talk!!! I think you guys are in competition!

I know, I should have tidied up before showing the whole world my mess, but I've got those things double stacked, and everytime I want a book (another big habit), I rummage around and pile things up. It ain't pretty, but it's easier to let them stay that way. One advantage to living alone.
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #214 of 243
Quote:

DSCN0834-1.jpg

Ya...good looking out Boom...you awesome =)

LOVE that extreme.....is it me, or do i see k1000's just laying there? I must know, is it AWESOME? Sure is segzy!!

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #215 of 243
Quote:

Ya...good looking out Boom...you awesome =)

LOVE that extreme.....is it me, or do i see k1000's just laying there?

Yup. They sound pretty sweet with the Extreme (can't wait to hear with John's Sig 30), but I can't get my K340s off my head to give them a second round. Listening to Sun Ra and his Arkestra's Jazz in Silhouette right now....very very nice.

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #216 of 243
Quote:

Yup. They sound pretty sweet with the Extreme (can't wait to hear with John's Sig 30), but I can't get my K340s off my head to give them a second round. Listening to Sun Ra and his Arkestra's Jazz in Silhouette right now....very very nice.

I am really interested to hear the Exteme again, any really intial thoughts on your memory of the initial amp and your souped up version?

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #217 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dog. I can't wait to hear it. I am only afraid of how you feel it compares to the Moth.
blink.gif
We need pics.

I'm picking up the DV-50 at 2pm in Aventura. I just moved my tt out of action since I don't have a cart at the moment and made room for the DV-50 on top of my cabinet.

Where are you? Congrats on the amp!

Im in St. Johns Antigua. My Aunt is having surgery in the states on the 20th of this month. However her knee is really bad atm, almost to the point where she cant walk. So I came here to help her on the trip back to the states. She is pretty much unable to walk on her own.

So i was going to be here just a day, come back today...but i made it so i was here a day earlier. Went out last night and hit the bars, was crazy hot here though. So now, since i have to get up at like 5am, i will be home playing on the puter and ordering room service =)

Jan 6, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #219 of 243
I don't know what you were talking about on the phone before. The amp looks amazing! What people don't see is that it matches the wood on your Omega Superhemp speakers.

Here are some more pics:

650-Cardas008.jpg

650-Cardas007.jpg

650-Cardas004.jpg

Quote:

Im in St. Johns Antigua. My Aunt is having surgery in the states on the 20th of this month. However her knee is really bad atm, almost to the point where she cant walk. So I came here to help her on the trip back to the states. She is pretty much unable to walk on her own.

So i was going to be here just a day, come back today...but i made it so i was here a day earlier. Went out last night and hit the bars, was crazy hot here though. So now, since i have to get up at like 5am, i will be home playing on the puter and ordering room service =)

Another reason you deserved the DV.
icon10.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #220 of 243
So, it's gorgeous, but how does it sound?!!!

Can't compare the Extreme to what I heard at the meet, 'cos my memory is mostly with the R10s and out the the Denon. But, I can say that I am extremely happy. Right now, the K340s are experiencing the most benefit (probably because I'm the most familiar with them). I can listen at barely audible levels and yet hear with clarity and richness...that's new. I used to have to turn the volume up a bit to appreciate what the 340s do.

I just started with the K1000s. They have a full, complete sound. I even threw some Lynyrd Skynyrd at 'em and was laughing on how good it sounded. Listened to some Dr. John, Bill Frisell, Brahms No.2, a minute of Norah Jones, and right now, Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares. Everything sounds new to me...nice.

I haven't played with the tubes yet. Mikhail sent a couple extra, but the adaptor wasn't in the box so that'll have to wait.

I gotta stop though. If I'm going to make the meet tomorrow, I have to grade some essays I haven't looked at. I keep thinking I can do both at the same time, but I keep getting lost in the music and getting no work done.

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #221 of 243
Oooh. That's pretty, too, Mike. We won't need to take any pictures at the meet at this rate. So how do you like the DV-50 so far. Let's see...it's in your home, already displayed with other prized possessions, family photos taken...I suspect it's yours
icon10.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #222 of 243
Quote:

So, it's gorgeous, but how does it sound?!!!

my k1000s are with Frank getting new cabling done so no idea on that front but on my speaker rig just amazing.
You never know what a silent background is untill you hear it. Also I am getting more dynamics from it. When I measure the output of my other amps the db range is less than the range I am getting with teh sig 30

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #223 of 243
I'm glad you mentioned that. I was thinking about leaving mine at home since I knew you had some.

BTW, you may have lost the DV, but I still have the consolation prize for you: the K340s pads.

Listening to Lou Rhodes right now with the K1000s.....why do I need to go to a meet tomorrow?

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #224 of 243
The guy that I bought it from (Miami) forgot the remote so using it with Hybrid Sacd/Cd is not easy. I just put in Dimeola, McLaughlin & Delucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (Sacd only) and it sounds amazing. I have it on vinyl but the tt is not set up so I can't compare.

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #225 of 243
Quote:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was thinking about leaving mine at home since I knew you had some.

BTW, you may have lost the DV, but I still have the consolation prize for you: the K340s pads.

Listening to Lou Rhodes right now with the K1000s.....why do I need to go to a meet tomorrow?

because we want to hear the extreme!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back