Mini-iPods
Dec 27, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #17 of 111
cool..where do I get one of those iRover mp3 players?
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #18 of 111
And it will still have a non-user replaceable proprietary battery.

Wow, it's going to be available in Stripes?! Wooooo. Apple innovates again! They really only need to make it with White, Chrome, and Acrylic and every Mac fanboy will be dry humping their computer screens.

-Ed

Dec 27, 2003 at 7:12 AM Post #21 of 111
Getting a camera into Macworld is very easy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

... and all current iPods have user replaceable batteries.

Dec 27, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #22 of 111
What? But I just got my Nitrus. Looking like DAP upgrading time every 4 months *cries*.

Dec 27, 2003 at 8:02 AM Post #23 of 111
I can't see how Apple can sell them at that price.

~$400 for 2GB Compact Flash
~$175 for 1GB IBM Microdrive
And I can't imagine 1" hard disks being cheaper than the bigger drives in current Ipods.

What does Apple have up its sleeve? Why don't they just hurry up and announce already! For the past few weeks, I convinced myself that all I need is a Zen Xtra. I was ready to buy it next month, but now the waiting game starts all over again.
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2003 at 9:18 AM Post #25 of 111
Keep in mind, these new drives are supposed to be made on newer, cheaper technologies. Even the current drives used in Rio Nitrus is supposed to be cheaper than the IBM Microdrive significantly (but we're not seeing that reflected in the retail price at all, wonder why? Perhaps production hasn't ramped up enough to drop price yet).

MacWorld Expo is January 6~9th in San Francisco...

Dec 28, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #26 of 111
Will we be seeing cut-rate electronics and software in the mini-ipod? If so, then it seems a bit like the nitrus and the igp. I'll wait until they come out, but I'll not be swayed by stripes and colors in making my decision.

Dec 29, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
evil_smiley.gif

I can't resist......................
I sure hope Apple includes support for WIN98SE and compatibility with USB 1.1.

evil_smiley.gif

Why should Apple support it...MS doesn't
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #29 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Deleted
I can't see how Apple can sell them at that price.

~$400 for 2GB Compact Flash
~$175 for 1GB IBM Microdrive
And I can't imagine 1" hard disks being cheaper than the bigger drives in current Ipods.

What does Apple have up its sleeve? Why don't they just hurry up and announce already! For the past few weeks, I convinced myself that all I need is a Zen Xtra. I was ready to buy it next month, but now the waiting game starts all over again.
frown.gif

Keep in Mind Creative is allready selling a player with a 4gb mini-drive for $300. The Muvo2 4gb version. My gf has the 1.5gb version, its really small. a little thicker than Nitrus through.

Dec 29, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #30 of 111
Last time I checked, off brand Cornice had 1.5 GB microdrives in lots of 10,000 for ~$75. Likely even less now and if the new drives are made of less expensive components even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back