Mini Dac TDA1543 X 4 NOS
Aug 13, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #616 of 1,063

Quote:
After shorted the Muse, bass become awesome: tight, control and extend ways down, so much more detail but the overall sound is quite aggressive, i feel quite tired after short time. May be it's cause of my headphone: superlux 668B which is quite bright so the original Muse's roll off high is a good thing.

Did you replace the AMS1117 with a AMS1117 3.3V ?

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #618 of 1,063

Quote:
No, my original Muse has AMS1117 3.3V, not 5V. But don't worry about soldering thing, you can always have it done by someone else, your Muse won't break easily.

Ok! I might have to order AMS1117 3.3V(can only find package of 10 of them on ebay though). Did you use the 12V adapter?

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #622 of 1,063
I wonder if anyone here has any experience with the new fiio d3 and could offer an opinion/comparison with Muse? I've got the fiio d3 and it seems to improve sound with my Asgard and HD598, but I don't have experience enough to properly evaluate it. I'm considering a Music Streamer II as an upgrade and wonder also if the Muse might be the best of the three.

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #623 of 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is yours different somehow? All the rest I have seen pictures of/read about say 9-12V on the PCB.

Mine also says 15-18v on the DC-IN. The PCB is white and under the heatsink is a label saying "2010.01.22 ver 01".

It also has the 5v regulator :frowning2:

Any idea if this is an older version of the ones with the blue PCB? What does the label under the heatsink on the blue PCB say?

Quote:
Keeping the input voltage down will have no effect. Mine ran for a couple of days OK before I discovered the problem - but who knows how much stress the DIR9001 has suffered in the process? It must've shortened its life. If you're not comfortable swapping out the reg its best to send it back yes.

I'll have to think about this. It doesn't look like too easy a job to replace. I'll show it to a friend and see if he's up for it.

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #627 of 1,063
I have one coming from that seller in the next few days. Hopefully there are no issues with it and it can be run off of the 9V 300mA DC adapter I have with no modifications.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #629 of 1,063
Yep it came with a 12v adapter. I emailed them to ask about the different components and from the broken english reply I gather they may have made some improvements to the design. They recommended I use the 12v adapter that it shipped with, but I ran it for a few hours with a 9v one instead just to be safe.

Perhaps this is a newer design to deal with the overheating issues the blue PCB ones have but I'm not savvy enough electronically to be sure. I can take a closer look and answer any questions about the components used if anyone is interested.

Quote:
I bought mine from the same seller. My PCB looks like that on the picture on ebay. Did you get a 12V DC adapter with it?

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #630 of 1,063

Looks like we got the same version.

Quote:
Yep it came with a 12v adapter. I emailed them to ask about the different components and from the broken english reply I gather they may have made some improvements to the design. They recommended I use the 12v adapter that it shipped with, but I ran it for a few hours with a 9v one instead just to be safe.

Perhaps this is a newer design to deal with the overheating issues the blue PCB ones have but I'm not savvy enough electronically to be sure. I can take a closer look and answer any questions about the components used if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back