Mini CD-Pro2 Transport Kit
May 4, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have started to work on the shigaclone myself and looking forward to see how your project will go!

The shigaclone did not interest me. I don't have the time to scout for a radio that may or may not have the right parts, then build a PSU and enclosure that looks professional.

This kit does exactly what I'm looking for and all parts are easily found.

Basically you can have a CD-Pro2M based transport with remote for under $800.00 US

I can't find any transport with those specs close to $800

May 5, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbelyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The shigaclone did not interest me. I don't have the time to scout for a radio that may or may not have the right parts, then build a PSU and enclosure that looks professional.

This kit does exactly what I'm looking for and all parts are easily found.

Basically you can have a CD-Pro2M based transport with remote for under $800.00 US

I can't find any transport with those specs close to $800

I've never heard a really good sounding CD-Pro2M based transport... Maybe it's just the ones I've heard, but they are what they are to me.... jukebox transports. I don't see why everyone gets so excited about these. Anyways, what will you be comparing this transport to, if I may ask?

We need a Shigaclone thread I suppose then
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 50
May 5, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I was not clear enough: I am doing the shigaclone, as a DIY projet. You are doing this other project which I am also very much interested in.

No Problem... I just didn't want people thinking this was a shigaclone thread.

My apologies...
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard a really good sounding CD-Pro2M based transport... Maybe it's just the ones I've heard, but they are what they are to me.... jukebox transports. I don't see why everyone gets so excited about these. Anyways, what will you be comparing this transport to, if I may ask?

We need a Shigaclone thread I suppose then
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be comparing it to my Philips DVD-963SA and a HK HD7600

I don't have another stand alone transport to compare it with so I'll play all 3 into the Extreme 1543 DAC from the same website.

It just turned out to be one of those days where I was looking for something to build. I had always admired the Pro2 because it looked sturdy. And then there's all of the talk about this pickup being in transports costing several thousand $'s etc etc.

May 5, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

And then there's all of the talk about this pickup being in transports costing several thousand $'s etc etc.

there are a few transports, Ensemble, North Star, Shanling, Pathos, Sim Audio, Audio Aero... it will be an interesting project
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put in an order yesterday somewhere for the boombox used in the shigaclone project.

sweet! that makes at least 4 head-fi'ers then
smily_headphones1.gif

if we only had a mutual friend with great woodworking skills who needed a new transport for a second DAC he/she might be acquiring .....

May 5, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet! that makes at least 4 head-fi'ers then
smily_headphones1.gif

if we only had a mutual friend with great woodworking skills who needed a new transport for a second DAC he/she might be acquiring .....

I was toying with it, but I don't even use a sep. DAC, so... nyet for now.

OP: Good luck on your CD-Pro2 assy., hope they replace the parts you are missing. The remote really looks nice!

May 5, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP: Good luck on your CD-Pro2 assy., hope they replace the parts you are missing. The remote really looks nice!

I figured out what I'm missing and sent the list to them.

They're shipping them out tomorrow

May 5, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

It appears that the package was ripped open during transit. There are some parts missing for certain.

Ugh, that's exactly how my build started. They did replace all of the parts in a timely fashion but I was hoping they had gotten better about their packaging. :|

However, one you have the parts I think you'll find that things will go pretty smoothly and quickly.

Looking forward to the finished product.

May 5, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was toying with it, but I don't even use a sep. DAC, so... nyet for now

just stick it in a single case and leave out the resistors on DOUT.

anyways, enough OT for me (in this thread at least) ... have fun guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back