Mini^3 parts list :)
Jul 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

BobSaysHi

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, so I am back, and after my apheared post I think I have all the parts down, but just in case I'd like someone else to give some input. Any recommended parts to chenge etc.

Here's the order from digikey:

the 33ohm resistors sell in a minimum of ten just fyi

And the parts from amb:

If you see anything that would be a better purchase let me know. Thanks for your help on the last thread and this thread too :)

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 18
sr80, but I'll be buying either ah d2000s or akg 701 later. but for now, just sr80's. I just sold my pa2v2 and I need a new amp and I figured this would work beautifully.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 18

[size=smaller]Gain[/size] [size=smaller]R1L, R1R[/size] [size=smaller]R4L, R4R[/size] [size=smaller]R3L, R3R[/size]
[size=smaller]2x[/size] [size=smaller]470Ω[/size] [size=smaller]1KΩ[/size] [size=smaller]1KΩ[/size]
[size=smaller]3x[/size] [size=smaller]430Ω[/size] [size=smaller]1.2KΩ[/size] [size=smaller]620Ω[/size]
[size=smaller]5x (default)[/size] [size=smaller]330Ω[/size] [size=smaller]1.5KΩ[/size] [size=smaller]330Ω[/size]
[size=smaller]8x[/size] [size=smaller]240Ω[/size] [size=smaller]1.8KΩ[/size] [size=smaller]240Ω[/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 18
ok, thanks guys. I'll order the gain 2 and gain 3 parts, just in case.

@MisterX that's not necessary, I've got it from here. Thanks everyone!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 18
Sure?
It's not a problem at all.

Anyhow I have a couple of comments about your existing parts list:

The "RNF 1/4" series resistors are to large to fit the PCB.
You have the TLE2426 listed twice.
The AC adapter is a switch mode type.
And... it might be a good idea to grab a spare D4, it's easy to kill those by connecting the battery backward.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #11 of 18
MisterX gives good advice, as well as other posters. Spares are always good within reason. Use the Panasonic resistors that Amb specs in his parts list (P330CACT-ND, etc.). I might also get a spare rail splitter (Amb's price is better than digikey's). If you are only using the AC adapter for charging, then a switch mode type is fine. If not, use the Jameco one that Amb lists in his parts list. Unfortunately, ordering from multiple suppliers is usually unavoidable. I applaud you on your initiative to do things yourself, however. Don't see that much around here anymore :)

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 18
@Pars, I love DIY! I have voided every warranty on practically everything I own, plus a lot of things I don't own. I unfortunately will be postponing the build because I spent my amp money on headphones from a fellow headfi member. I'm hoping to pick which pair I like best and sell the loser here. 

On amb's website he said:

Many "12VDC" unregulated DC adapters actually output more than 15VDC, and are good to use with Mini³

Well, I found one of these 12v adapters laying around the house and did a google search on the model number and this is one of the sites that came up

http://www.zlectronic.com/product/12313.html

Is this good to use?

also, on a semi-related note, could I sell a mini3 on this website?

also, on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, when will I no longer be a "Junior Head-Fi'er?"

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
Well, I found one of these 12v adapters laying around the house and did a google search on the model number and this is one of the sites that came up  
http://www.zlectronic.com/product/12313.html

Is this good to use?

For such a small adapter to be rated 2A, and the fact that it accepts 100V-240V AC input, it's surely a switching type, which would also mean that it's regulated.  12V output is not enough voltage.  Also, it's listed as "out of stock".

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #14 of 18
Thanks Very Much.......

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 18
Hi
I'm preparing my part list too but have a few questions and want to be sure before ordering:

which gain for AKG k601?
I have an ac adapter from a router with these specs: output voltage 15.6v, current 850mA. Plug seems too thick, 4mm diameter, but I can solve this... Is current value too much?
Also I would like to use a super bright orange led, what R7 value must I choose? According to its datasheet forward voltage is 2.1V and recommended operating current is 20mA. Then I go to the online calculator mentioned on the amb site and put these values:
voltage supply 9v --  led forward voltage 2.1v -- led current 20mA  and get this: resistor value 345 (ohms)
confused_face_2.gif
. I should get a much higher resistor value given that the default one for less bright leds is 10k. What am I doing wrong?
-is this knob ok? farnell  1282579

Since this is my first diy project, I've bought a 25 w solder with 1mm tip. Is the tip fine enough to solder the opamp and other smd chips? I've practised so far with through hole devices  but I guess that with smd's it won't be that easy...

Excuse me for my poor English 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back