Milwaukee/SE Wisconsin Meet 10-8-06
Sep 18, 2006 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jose Perez

100+ Head-Fier
Well after a long summer it looks like the time is right for a meet here in SE Wisconsin. There's been plenty of talk and it looks like folks in the area are primed to get together so who am I to stop them? So without further adieu let me get things rolling by offering up my apartment in Waukesha, WI for a meet on the 8th of October.

My wife and I have a roomy apartment with plenty of parking and I have plenty of counter and table space for anyone who's interested in coming out.

For those that don't know Waukesha is a city that butts against the western edge of Milwaukee. It's about 20-25 minutes from downtown Milwaukee so figure your travel time from there. My place is easy to find and easy to get to. It's only about 5 minutes south of I-94 or 6-7 minutes north of I-43 is you're coming from the south of me.

Anyone is welcome. PM me or email me for an exact address.

Thanks and I hope to see some of you there.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 19
PM sent. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
Well after a long summer it looks like the time is right for a meet here in SE Wisconsin. There's been plenty of talk and it looks like folks in the area are primed to get together so who am I to stop them? So without further adieu let me get things rolling by offering up my apartment in Waukesha, WI for a meet on the 8th of October.

My wife and I have a roomy apartment with plenty of parking and I have plenty of counter and table space for anyone who's interested in coming out.

For those that don't know Waukesha is a city that butts against the western edge of Milwaukee. It's about 20-25 minutes from downtown Milwaukee so figure your travel time from there. My place is easy to find and easy to get to. It's only about 5 minutes south of I-94 or 6-7 minutes north of I-43 is you're coming from the south of me.

Anyone is welcome. PM me or email me for an exact address.

Thanks and I hope to see some of you there.

Sep 20, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 19
I would love to go, but I dont have a means of getting there =(
If it was in like half a year I'd have my license and such...but oh well
If anyone is going to pass through/go from the area of portage.... =P

Sep 22, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 19
The meet is starting to shape up. I have 2 definites, one probably, and a 75% sure. Sounds like a gathering to me
biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I'll post some of the gear that might make an appearance.

Sep 22, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 19
I am the 75% guy. The only reason I would not be able to go is if I had to travel for work, which often I do not know about until a few days before. But I plan on going.

If anyone needs a lift or wants to car pool from the appleton area or anywhere south of there along 41 let me know, I have pleanty of room in the car.

Andrew

Sep 23, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
I'm currently working on logistics. The problem with Sunday is that its Packer Game Day!

One word...Tivo

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 19
Let's see what all is coming to the meet:

Headphones
Senn HD 495
Senn PX100
AKG K501
AKG 271
Shure E4
AKG K701
AKG 240S
Grado RS-1
Grado SR-60
Senn HD650
Grado SR225

Source Units
iAudio M3
My Yamaha home CD carousel

Amps
BH S.E.X. Amp

Misc
BH Foreplay Line Stage

And whatever gear audiosceptic decides to bring from his big pile 'o audio stuff

Sep 30, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 19
Awesome Jose!

In addition to the RS-1, SR60, K701 and 240S, do you want me to bring a pair of JVC headphones just so everybody remembers why they have to buy these darn expensive headphones? :)

I would be very much interested in auditioning headphone amps. Can you guys bring what you have? I would really appreciate it. I am thinking of ordering a Singlepower but would really like to listen to the other ones before I order one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
Let's see what all is coming to the meet:

Headphones
Senn HD 495
Senn PX100
AKG K501
AKG 271
Shure E4
AKG K701
AKG 240S
Grado RS-1
Grado SR-60
Senn HD650
Grado SR225

Source Units
iAudio M3
My Yamaha home CD carousel

Amps
BH S.E.X. Amp

Misc
BH Foreplay Line Stage

And whatever gear audiosceptic decides to bring from his big pile 'o audio stuff

Sep 30, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 19
Right now I'll make it unless work interrupts. I think I'll bring my Headamp GS-X with balanced AKG 701 and a Cary 300SEI with Sony CD3000. I could bring a Blue Hawaii and Stax O II's if anyone is interested. Source will be DAC1 and PC or portable CD Player.

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #12 of 19
Amps, amps, and more amps! :) I'd really appreciate if you could bring your amps, guys. I'd love to audition them before I break the bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosceptic
Right now I'll make it unless work interrupts. I think I'll bring my Headamp GS-X with balanced AKG 701 and a Cary 300SEI with Sony CD3000. I could bring a Blue Hawaii and Stax O II's if anyone is interested. Source will be DAC1 and PC or portable CD Player.

Oct 3, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 19
OK, I think I'm gonna do the road trip and come up and visit for a spell. I can bring some stuff - HD650's, AKG K81DJ's, DAC-AH, Lunch Box amp, Eddie Current EC/SS, maybe the Eddie Current HD 25 if I feel like lugging it. I can bring my Esound E5 CDP also if you'd like. Let me know.

Jose, I'll PM you for directions, start time etc.

A_Sr.

Oct 4, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr
OK, I think I'm gonna do the road trip and come up and visit for a spell. I can bring some stuff - HD650's, AKG K81DJ's, DAC-AH, Lunch Box amp, Eddie Current EC/SS, maybe the Eddie Current HD 25 if I feel like lugging it. I can bring my Esound E5 CDP also if you'd like. Let me know.

Jose, I'll PM you for directions, start time etc.

A_Sr.

Wooohooo! We're going multi-state with this meet. All I need is someone from Canada to come down and I can call it an international meet!!!!

As for what gear to bring, the more the merrier. If you feel like bringing all of that I will definitely make the space for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back