Millet portable tube amp - ringing noise cured- now a true portable
Dec 10, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #16 of 19
FYI if you want true bass response that doesn't sound like headphones and a real sense of depth and space in your head... go for this amp..IMHO it is the best sounding one out there. Perhaps the mids are not as overly hyper clear as some other amps- but this amp does space and bass correctly--the two things that clue you in the most to make you aware you are listening to headphones not a live performance.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You make a blob of bluetak wrap the wax paper around it and then snug that piece it between both the tubes and the outer casing... the wax paper is slippery enough so it lets the circuit board glide back in and it won't shift on the tubes since you press lightly to make an impression so it stays snug to the tubes while sliding on the flat outer casing.

Todd save a Millet for me..I need another.

OMG, I got to try this mod. Much thanks for sharing!

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Other materials that might be employed are silicone and sorbothane. Both have high temp stability.

One could create their own silicone bumpons from a tube of plumbing/roofing silicone.

Or cut bumpons from sheets of sorbothane.

Sorbothane

The problem with Blutack is that it has mineral oil in it's composition which leaches out over time leaving an oil stain - which may or may not pose a problem in the long run.

Bringing this ringing thread back from the dead.

Has anyone found the Blutak mod to leach oil in their MHP amps?

Has anyone checked their units to see the condition of the wax paper and Blutack after a long while?

I'm about to mod mine (a 2008 unit without any Blutak).  Trying to figure out what I want to use.

Anyone use Sorbothane or another solution effectively?

Thanks!!!

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Bringing this ringing thread back from the dead.

Has anyone found the Blutak mod to leach oil in their MHP amps?

Has anyone checked their units to see the condition of the wax paper and Blutack after a long while?

I'm about to mod mine (a 2008 unit without any Blutak).  Trying to figure out what I want to use.

Anyone use Sorbothane or another solution effectively?

Thanks!!

Wow, I did not even know this mod exist.  Can someone please share some pictures of Blu-Tak mod of MHP?  Like CEE TEE I am also very interested to try this out.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back