Miles Davis Trubute vs TripleFi 10
Aug 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

mrAdrian

Headphoneus Supremus
I own the Tf10... Miles Davis is my trumpet idol, wondering if they make good compliments with each other? Anyone has tried both of them?

I listen to asian pop songs, rock, alternatives, a bit of classical, some jazz (if i have the mood), thats about all.

My source is a Zune, LO -> fiio e7

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 24
bump

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 24
bump

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 24
desperate bump

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 24
well, they are different enough from one another that may warrant owning both, lol; although I personally still prefer the TF10's. You will get a much warmer and smoother sound from the MD's. Bass extension is excellent, but imaging isnt a strong point either; its really noticable when playing games. It feels like the MD's tries to appeal to so many genre's, that it doesnt particularly wow me like some other headphones.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 24
Aug 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 24
Aug 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 24
C'mon, 100% fake.

The MD retail for $499usd. You can pick them up a little cheaper sometimes but ANYTHING not from an authorized Monster Cable dealer and especially on ebay is a fake. The monster fakes run rife through ebay just like IE8's. You have to be so careful. I even got burnt buying from a head-fi member. They had no receipt but gave me his word they were real. I learnt the hard way.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #10 of 24
the fact that this guy has sold several MD's in the past leads me to beleive they are fake. If the price seems very tempting, odds are working against you in their legitimacy..

You should consider checking out our For Sale forum. MD's come up time-time and sell for reasonable prices

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #11 of 24

Quote:
Man the number of fakes out there is shocking. Even more shocking to me though is how hard to distinguish visually they are.

simple...inny (FAKE) vs outty (real) (the metal mesh/filter covering the nozzles) but the mistake can only be realized after you receive the ****

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #12 of 24
Is the miles davis good for trance and other EDM? Between the MTMD vs MTPC vs TF10, which of the three is best for electronic music? Need tight, exciting bass, deep extension, great mids, decent soundstage 

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #13 of 24
I'd say those are fake as well. I've seen that same guy selling the Miles Davis on there a few times now, and each time he's "received them as a gift and is selling them because he already has headphones." I dunno, I suppose maybe people just keep giving him the Miles Davis as a gift over and over. lol.

Anyway, I love my Miles Davis, aside from it having a bit too much bass.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #14 of 24

Quote:
Is the miles davis good for trance and other EDM? Between the MTMD vs MTPC vs TF10, which of the three is best for electronic music? Need tight, exciting bass, deep extension, great mids, decent soundstage 

Coppers are good for trance if you want a deep bass extension; I feel the MD's have a little too much bass for trance. allthough, out of the three, I still perfer the TF10's for anything electronic as I find they have the best soundstage and mids are perfectly coherent.

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #15 of 24
Despite being very good copies, once you have a good look it becomes obvious. The lack of QC in packaging is shocking, plus they sound like a $20 pair of earphones. My shell actually came apart when changing a tip. It then became clear the body is made out of heavy plastic, not metal. 
It's very easy to tell but unfortunately it's usually too late then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back