Miles Davis Custom Molds
Jan 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you want custom tips, or a full custom remold?  I would recommend just sending an email or a phone call directly to the manufacturers and see if they can do one for you for that particular model.

Companies for Custom tips:
Westone
Starkey
ECS

Companies for full custom remolds:
Unique Melody
Fischer Hearing

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I searched but couldn't find anything on this. Anyone know if getting custom ear molds for the Monster MD is possible? Thanks!

1964 Ears can do them. They've tried with my mtpcs--the first go had some issues, but they are taking my feedback and sending out a new set that should be great. Basically, I've gone through the annoyance of being the guinea pig with monster custom tips ($80 plus impressions) so you can enjoy perfect tips with your MDs or other monster iems.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Do you want custom tips, or a full custom remold?  I would recommend just sending an email or a phone call directly to the manufacturers and see if they can do one for you for that particular model.

Companies for Custom tips:
Westone
Starkey
ECS

Companies for full custom remolds:
Unique Melody
Fischer Hearing

Full remold is impossible with dynamic iems.

Or, at least, a good custom remold is as you'd need to properly vent the driver while maintaining isolation and the space around the driver in the housing is part of the sound tuning.

Custom tips are possible, though.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Thank you! You wouldn't happen to have a pic of your custom tips would you?

No, my camera's tucked away somewhere, sorry! There's a picture somewhere in the copper appreciation thread of something very similar. They are clear silicon and they look a bit larger than the triple flanges, but with a bit of practice, they are super comfortable and fit perfectly (or they will when I get the revised versions soon). The ones I have give me a lot of confidence that 1964 Ears custom tips for Monster iems will be a real winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back