Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Jul 1, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #1,562 of 1,904
Jul 1, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #1,563 of 1,904
Since its AliExpress sale now, the NiceHCK DragonScale is down to 127usd and then when checked out another 15usd taken off trough discounts. So down to 113usd + tax.

Do anyone have experience with this cable?
Seen photos now and then and love the design.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004556573232.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.439d38dalOi95b&mp=1

1686595820963.png
I've been using this cable for a few weeks now. It's a beast...very thick and unwieldy. However, the sound delivers, big time. Where the synergy is right, it's hard to stop listening. It's what you'd think, big bassy sound with a side stage. I do wish it was more ergonomic. There's no chin slider which for a cable of this size is difficult. I added my own tho.

Finally, the build quality is a little suspect for a cable at this price. Some of the nylon shielding at the plug is starting to fray a bit. Otherwise, low microphonics.

Jul 1, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #1,564 of 1,904
I've been using this cable for a few weeks now. It's a beast...very thick and unwieldy. However, the sound delivers, big time. Where the synergy is right, it's hard to stop listening. It's what you'd think, big bassy sound with a side stage. I do wish it was more ergonomic. There's no chin slider which for a cable of this size is difficult. I added my own tho.

Finally, the build quality is a little suspect for a cable at this price. Some of the nylon shielding at the plug is starting to fray a bit. Otherwise, low microphonics.
Thanks, but in the end I skipped it and bought another Gladiator Cables in silver palladium. Shipped next week.

And while on a spree I got a shorter cable for my ZMF Verite in 4.4mm, going to be fun and compare it against my FAW Claire Hybrid.

Screenshot_20230630-173757.png

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,565 of 1,904
Any impressions on NiceHck DragonScale and GoldCrown?
I got MeetAlice and i really really like it :)
They are both great cables, tho the dragon scale is the least ergonomic cable I have by a longshot. They are great sounding cables, and I would suggest the cheap pickup, BlackCat, an oil soaked copper for around $25. Superb.

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #1,567 of 1,904
They are both great cables, tho the dragon scale is the least ergonomic cable I have by a longshot. They are great sounding cables, and I would suggest the cheap pickup, BlackCat, an oil soaked copper for around $25. Superb.
Actually, at $15, what do you have to lose...try it!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $15.19 5%OFF | NiceHCK BlackCat Zinc Copper Alloy Oil Soaked HIFI Earphone Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin for F1 Dioko Kai D13
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mskx4eg

Forget that, it's $12 here and I'm buying 2 more!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $12.21 67%OFF | NiceHCK BlackCat Zinc Copper Alloy Oil Soaked HIFI Earphone Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin for F1 Dioko Kai D13
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrA0E2C

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,568 of 1,904
is there any good 2pin cables that you guys recommend? going to use it on my variations and z12. Below 200usd. Im pretty new to this so im not sure what sound signature i want but am i wrong if i want a neutral sounded cable so my iem can colour the sound?

Jul 2, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #1,569 of 1,904
is there any good 2pin cables that you guys recommend? going to use it on my variations and z12. Below 200usd. Im pretty new to this so im not sure what sound signature i want but am i wrong if i want a neutral sounded cable so my iem can colour the sound?
The best advice that can be given, to someone starting to want to invest in better cables, is to first listen to the IEM with the stock cable for enough hours and the burn period of the IEM. Manufacturers often choose stock cables that benefit their IEMs, but sometimes compromised not to increase the overall price. When you know your IEM well enough with the stock cable, ask yourself what you would like to improve on it: soundstage, bass, note weight, detail... etc. There are no perfect cables for all IEMs. Even the most expensive ones have better synergy with some IEMs than with others. So you can investigate which cables meet what you want, and ask here in more detail. Surely we can all help you with what you are looking for, in your price range.

It is advice from one who has spent too much on cables, testing, and many have not been worth it.

Still, the only cable I would recommend generally, which I think for its price should be in any IEM audiophile's drawer, is the ISN G4. Not quite neutral, the cable enhances the bass, but at the same time gives more definition and detail across the entire frequency range.

Jul 2, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #1,570 of 1,904
Try the Hakugei Healer. The Variaions has rather scooped mids and is very cable picky. It's probably one of the cables I have that can make it more natural sounding by pulling up the mids. The cable itself is quite natural sounding by itself so I can recommend it.

Jul 3, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #1,571 of 1,904
I stumbled over a cable brand called "MELODY cable studio". They are using Liquid Links plugs and connectors. As far I could find out, it seems to be a sub brand of Liquid Links. The prices are more affordable compared to Liquid cables. They look interesting. Someone tried one of these cables?

_20230703_161721.JPG

_20230703_161744.JPG

Model: SNOW PRO 5N single crystal silver + 6N single crystal copper extrusion thick silver shield

_20230703_161546.JPG

Model: PURPLE True 7N OCC+Cross Copper Silver Plated Foil Winding

_20230703_161701.JPG

Model: MIRROR

_20230703_161636.JPG

Model: RAINBOW Copper Litz 560 Core

Out of curiosity I ordered the "mirror" cable, custom made with a Liquid Link plug. It should arrive in the end of this week. If anyone is interested about some impressions, let me know.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,572 of 1,904
Hmmm, I am interested in the Snow Pro. Can you share a purchase link for this brand please?

Jul 3, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #1,573 of 1,904
I stumbled over a cable brand called "MELODY cable studio". They are using Liquid Links plugs and connectors. As far I could find out, it seems to be a sub brand of Liquid Links. The prices are more affordable compared to Liquid cables. They look interesting. Someone tried one of these cables?

_20230703_161721.JPG

_20230703_161744.JPG

Model: SNOW PRO 5N single crystal silver + 6N single crystal copper extrusion thick silver shield

_20230703_161546.JPG

Model: PURPLE True 7N OCC+Cross Copper Silver Plated Foil Winding

_20230703_161701.JPG

Model: MIRROR

_20230703_161636.JPG

Model: RAINBOW Copper Litz 560 Core

Out of curiosity I ordered the "mirror" cable, custom made with a Liquid Link plug. It should arrive in the end of this week. If anyone is interested about some impressions, let me know.
I think except the Snow Pro, all other cables use generic plug sets not made by Liquid Link. These are Pentaconn and Furutech knockoffs you can find on AE or Taobao.

Jul 3, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #1,574 of 1,904
Yes that's right. Probably they use generic plugs to keep the expenses lower. But the connectors are all from Liquid Links. Both brands are from China as far as I know. Even if Liquid Links claim their plugs are "made in Japan", what I personally doubt.

_20230704_074357.JPG

The Snow pro is their most expensive cable listed in the shop I bought my cable. It's around the same price of the entry level Liquid Links "Conti" cable. The LL flagship model "Venom" goes for ten times the price..

I bought the "Mirror" cable in a Indonesian local online shop (only possibly to buy there nation wide). I couldn't find any other shop that is selling the Melody Studio cables. And there are no websites of both brands. Hopefully some Chinese folks can give us some further information.

Jul 3, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #1,575 of 1,904
Yes that's right. Probably they use generic plugs to keep the expenses lower. But the connectors are all from Liquid Links. Both brands are from China as far as I know. Even if Liquid Links claim their plugs are "made in Japan", what I personally doubt.

The Snow pro is their most expensive cable listed in the shop I bought my cable. It's around the same price of the entry level Liquid Links "Conti" cable. The LL flagship model "Venom" goes for ten times the price..

I bought the "Mirror" cable in a Indonesian local online shop (only possibly to buy there nation wide). I couldn't find any other shop that is selling the Melody Studio cables. And there are no websites of both brands. Hopefully some Chinese folks can give us some further information.
They should be genuine MIJ. Most brass core MIJ plugs cost from only USD10-20. They buy these plugs OEM and use their only barrels to keep us from knowing which OEM plugs they are.

Anyway I found these cables on Taobao and they are priced very reasonable some I even doubt they will be making any money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back