Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Jun 17, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #1,546 of 1,874
Gladiator no doubt. High quality and good price. On Italy.
Ha ha ha! I saw that cable on his instagram, but I didn't know it was for you!

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,547 of 1,874
Ha ha ha! I saw that cable on his instagram, but I didn't know it was for you!
I call my friend @Gustavo1976 Mr Cable 🤣 it's he who introduced me to Gladiator Cables. I'm more than happy with my last cable for Aurora, and want more.

DSCF2705.jpg

After some more talk with Gladiator Toni it's time for a pure silver with palladium coating next. Going for a chrome hardware and his helmet splitter this time. No sleeve edition.

IMG_20230616_131005.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,548 of 1,874
I call my friend @Gustavo1976 Mr Cable 🤣 it's he who introduced me to Gladiator Cables. I'm more than happy with my last cable for Aurora, and want more.

DSCF2705.jpg

After some more talk with Gladiator Toni it's time for a pure silver with palladium coating next. Going for a chrome build with hardware and his helmet splitter this time. No sleeve edition.

IMG_20230616_131005.jpg
Im waiting 2 cables more.

Attachments

• 3333.png
    3333.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,549 of 1,874
Im waiting 2 cables more.

That coaxial silver/copper is the one I ordered for the Meze, with an Aeco connector. It should be already done, but I don't have photos!

Jun 18, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,551 of 1,874
Based on research from this thread, I bought two pairs (single ended and balanced) of the NICEHCK C4-1 6N UPOCC Copper Silver Plated Cables for my Meze RAI Solos. The sound signature is exactly what I was looking for and I like the thicker wires that don’t tangle. The first cable started having intermittent connectivity issues on the right side about the same time I purchased an iFi GoBlue which has a balanced connection option. I was disappointed in the non-balanced cable but wanted the same sound signature so I just bought the balanced 4.4 ended version to pair with the GoBlue and put the other one away.

The new one fit much better until the first time I switched cables and the right side started cutting out. I lived with it for a bit by jiggling the connectors when it started cutting out but it was annoying. I thought that since the problem persisted on the same side for two cables that it might be a problem with the Meze Solos but when I switched back to the original Meze cable the problem went away. I watched some Youtube videos about how to tighten the connector but now it won’t even seat - so much for DIY fix.

Has anyone else had problems with right side MMCX connectors on NICEHCK cables? The balanced one is only 7 months old but the first cable is from two years ago and probably not from the same batch.

Also, does anyone know where I can send in for a repair for a reasonable price. Alternatively, if any cable makers on this thread want to discuss repairing both and keeping the non-balanced cable for themselves plus some cash for the service let me know. I hate to throw away good quality UPOCC Copper Silver Plated cables because of a connector issue.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #1,553 of 1,874
has anyone had any issues or customer service experiences with OEAudio? ordered a cable over a month ago and the shipping has been stalled for weeks and I haven't gotten a reply from an email or filling out the contact us form on their site
Down at the bottom of https://www.oeaudio.net/ they have a Discord server for chatting with them. I'd keep track of your dispute time limit on your credit card to do a charge back if they won't send you anything.

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #1,554 of 1,874
Gladiator Cables have finished my Silver Palladium cable, also have a order for a interconnect in pure silver type 6 Litz that is also ready.

Look sweet. Now it sjust to wait for shipping to arrive in a week or two.
IMG_20230627_173146.jpg

IMG_20230627_182159.jpg

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,555 of 1,874
Gladiator Cables have finished my Silver Palladium cable, also have a order for a interconnect in pure silver type 6 Litz that is also ready.

Look sweet. Now it sjust to wait for shipping to arrive in a week or two.
IMG_20230627_173146.jpg

IMG_20230627_182159.jpg
Sure that will be a great cable. I like too much Gladiator. For a good price a custom cable with a great quality.

Jun 29, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #1,557 of 1,874
Any impressions on NiceHck DragonScale and GoldCrown?
I got MeetAlice and i really really like it :)

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #1,558 of 1,874
Hello,
i was looking for a new Cable for my A&K t 8 Mk2 i recently bought second hand . The included cables are a bad joke so i used a silverplated Furukawa 8 core . It sounded quiet balanced for a silver plated Cable . I don t have many mmcx cables because most of my most loved iem s are 2 Pin. I don t like Adapters on the Iem side because as a doublelefthand i am afraid to break the connector on the iem side. i got the offer to buy a ISN AG 8. I already have a AG 8 in 2 Pin . It found a home on my Earsonics velvet v1.
I thought it could be a good match with the T8 mk2 so i bought it. It was a good choise, i really like the softness and vocalperformance of the AG 8 for the A&K T8MK2. Great stage and for me it s a lovely match. The same guy offered me a Hakugai Healer for a really good Price so i took it because i was reading good things about it.
I installed it on my Ibasso 1S , ( i have a 8 wire ( forbidden Name, company with Y ) copper cable for him . It s cheap but a really nice cable )

After 500ms listening to the Healer i noticed Phase Issues. I am a Audioengeneer so it s my job to hear things like this.
I took out the Multimeter and - voila - Minus Left was soldered to the tip (should be Positive Left ) of the 4,4mm Plug . The right side was soldered as it shoud be .. The mmcx was full of Glue, like most of the time and after removing i saw a not very good done Solderjob, not all strains were in place . It s very fine Litz Wire , with burned isolation , i didn t trust , so no easy fix. I cut all left and right wires and made everything new , but as a 2 Pin . I have some nice Theriilum Copper 2 pin plugs i used for this wire.. It was quiet a pain to prepare the litzwires , ( I am normaly quiet good in this and have the Equipment ) All 8 wires where connected to the 4,4mm Plug at least. After this the cable sounds surprisingly good. I did a fast check with different IEM s and was satisfied what i heard. Very clear , fast and balanced . It didn t found a home yet .
What i want to say is that it is a pitty and very strange to me ( unbelievable to say it friendly ) if a Cablemaker and Seller has such a bad Quality control. The cable was 100 % useless and the worst thing probably is that a lot of people without messuring skills or hearing experience would not know what s going on . Maybee they would call it "A unique sounding cable, " You even can not change the polarity by turning the plug with mmcx , like with 2 Pin . I mean it s not a (very ) cheap cable, it would be 125 Euro for me including taxes.
So my Advice : When you buy Cables , check the polarity or let it check if you don t know how to do it. If it s not correct, send it back.
I have never heard of problems with ISN, Penon , or Cema Cables, so i would stay with these if you want to be sure to get proper Quality from Aliexpress. . Maybee a little more pricey but probably ( defenetly ) very worth it. if you want great sound and want to avoid Trouble.
Greetings
Lothar

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #1,559 of 1,874

Dear DaveStarWalker,

I want to say a big Thank You for the Tip you gave me . I bought it to compare it to my DIY Adapters. This Adapter is very good and very transparent indeed, great. . Fortunatly some of my selfmade Adapters sound a smitch better to me . A short wired cable with a mix of Neotech solid and stranded 7n occ and occ Silver , made with Mundorf Silversolder , Aliexpress Male and female plugs , the Ground of the 3,5mm male is soldered directly to the Body of the Plug, not to the (most of the time weak ) normal Ground connector , sounds best to me .
A Adapter made from 24 AWG neotech 7 n copper mixed with solid and stranded . 3 each for L and R , 6 cables for Ground , sounds also absolutly great , a little fuller but not so deep stage.
A Adapter made with Bluedragon wire is not that great, a little basslacking and blurry. A 4n 22AWG pure silver adaptercable is acceptable as well, but the Adapter you showed me is much better.
So if you are not in DIY mood, the Adapter DaveStarWalker showed us is alsolutly great. and at quiet a good price.
It s quiet shocking what a Adapter can destroy , so if you need to Adapt, - only the best is (just ) good enough if you want to keep the Soundquality .

Greetings
Lothar

Jun 30, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #1,560 of 1,874
Dear DaveStarWalker,

I want to say a big Thank You for the Tip you gave me . I bought it to compare it to my DIY Adapters. This Adapter is very good and very transparent indeed, great. . Fortunatly some of my selfmade Adapters sound a smitch better to me . A short wired cable with a mix of Neotech solid and stranded 7n occ and occ Silver , made with Mundorf Silversolder , Aliexpress Male and female plugs , the Ground of the 3,5mm male is soldered directly to the Body of the Plug, not to the (most of the time weak ) normal Ground connector , sounds best to me .
A Adapter made from 24 AWG neotech 7 n copper mixed with solid and stranded . 3 each for L and R , 6 cables for Ground , sounds also absolutly great , a little fuller but not so deep stage.
A Adapter made with Bluedragon wire is not that great, a little basslacking and blurry. A 4n 22AWG pure silver adaptercable is acceptable as well, but the Adapter you showed me is much better.
So if you are not in DIY mood, the Adapter DaveStarWalker showed us is alsolutly great. and at quiet a good price.
It s quiet shocking what a Adapter can destroy , so if you need to Adapt, - only the best is (just ) good enough if you want to keep the Soundquality .

Greetings
Lothar
Great to read that 🤟

Well done man 😎👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back