Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Jul 23, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #857 of 1,874
Any thoughts on cable for Moondrop variations?
Penon Mix or Penon GS849?

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #858 of 1,874
I would advise something like the Mix as it has both silver and copper and is a nicely balanced cable which shows both aspects of copper and silver for earphones. Does extremely well for hybrids and tribrids.

The GS849 matches well with the old blessing 2 because those needed some added coloration to the sounds to wake up some dynamics to the sound so I dont know if that one will be a good match for variations. I would go with the Mix. You cant go wrong with that cable.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #859 of 1,874
I would advise something like the Mix as it has both silver and copper and is a nicely balanced cable which shows both aspects of copper and silver for earphones. Does extremely well for hybrids and tribrids.

The GS849 matches well with the old blessing 2 because those needed some added coloration to the sounds to wake up some dynamics to the sound so I dont know if that one will be a good match for variations. I would go with the Mix. You cant go wrong with that cable.
Thanks it looks I like found next cable for variations.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #860 of 1,874
Hi guys! This is my short impression of these new hakugei cables.

𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙎𝙠𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳: 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 "𝘗𝘌𝘙𝘚𝘖𝘕𝘈𝘓" 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥 :).

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘀:
𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙎𝙠𝙮;
Cable Length - 120cm
~ 133 Single Cores
~ 21awg
~ 4 Braided Cables
~ (50%) Litz Silver Plated 6NOCC
~ (50%) Litz Copper 6NOOC
SRP: $129
Accessories: Magnetic Custom Wooden Case and and an Earphone Bag

FB_IMG_1627143146426.jpg

FB_IMG_1627143155265.jpg

𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚;
Cable Length - 120cm
~ 114 Single Cores
~ 23awg
~ 8 Braided Cable
~ (10%) Graphene
~ (30%) Gold Plated OCC
~ (30%) Litz Silver Plated OCC
~ (30%) Blue Litz Copper Silver Alloy
SRP: $199
Accessories: Magnetic Custom Wooden Case, Earphone Bag and a Leather Cord Organizer

FB_IMG_1627143150144.jpg

FB_IMG_1627143159254.jpg

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱:
I'll make it short and meaningful instead.

𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙎𝙠𝙮 - This cable fits perfectly for Single DD IEMs I've tested it on BElieve and I'm surprised about the changes it gives, BASS is more tight and it is less warm than the stock cable, MIDS are less weighty and adds a bit of transparency while TREBLE are more controlled compared to the stock.

𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚 - This one fits surprisingly well on all BA IEMs atleast for what I've tested, I've tested it on Dunu SA6 and what a pleasant surprise, I love how it gives more air and have much more leaner sound. The separation improvement is quite notable, less congestions on busy tracks specifically Pop Punk.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱:
𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙎𝙠𝙮 - It's a mix of Copper and Silver cable that gives this beautiful looking light copper cable, from the stopper to the plug it definitely feels premium I can really tell that this cable is expensive just by looking at it, I always have this OCD when it comes to cable, small kinks and even a small loose on the intertwined cable brothers me, and this is perfect! I couldn't find any flaws cable isn't stiff nor too soft, it feels and builds like it'll last long on a heavy use.

𝙃𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙚𝙞 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚 - This cable is a mix of Silver, Gold and Blue for me I kinda like the look of it but not as much as the Morning Sky, this is more substantial than the Morning Sky and definitely feels way more solid, splitter and stopper is bigger, and the plug is definitely are more premium than the Morning Sky.

𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻: Should you buy these? The question that only you can answer, but for me? I would definitely pick this over other brands as I have more assurance on the quality of the cable. If you love premium cables and have enough to buy one, why wouldn't you? Is it worth it? For the build alone! Definitely! I would recommend this for those who loved premium cables and for those people who notice a difference on the sound I hope this should serve as a guide on which to pick depending on the configuration of your IEM.

FB_IMG_1627143163610.jpg

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #864 of 1,874
Thought I'd throw this out there to those folks who have purchased the Penon Mix cable (or basically anything from them). I ordered one last week but haven't yet received any order confirmation or shipping notice. Is this typical for them?

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #866 of 1,874
Is that necessary? I don't mind waiting in the blind if that's their normal process. But if not, then I'll pursue it further.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #867 of 1,874
Penon is a good reliable vendor. Did you open an account? If so, go check on it. Ali Express is SUPER slow, but they barrage you with Emails. Penon is faster and different.

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #869 of 1,874
Penon is a good reliable vendor. Did you open an account? If so, go check on it. Ali Express is SUPER slow, but they barrage you with Emails. Penon is faster and different.
No account. I don't buy that much stuff and honestly I hate all the emails and sales ads from these places.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #870 of 1,874
No account. I don't buy that much stuff and honestly I hate all the emails and sales ads from these places.
You know you can always opt-out of sales and newsletters.
I have an account for the Penon website and never got any newsletter or sale notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back