Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Feb 25, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #721 of 1,874
@Dsnuts So it sounds like I don't need both. I would like 1 cable to bring out detail and 1 to warm things up.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #722 of 1,874
You can go for a pure silver cable for that detail. Always worth getting a pure silver cable. NiceHCK sells their LitzPS pro for $40ish. Easily one of the best bang for buck pure silver cables for the money. OS849 is a great all rounder and adds some significant body to earphone sonics with added stage and detail. Something like the OSG is heading toward boutique prices but it is clearly a higher end cable. Been using that on my IER Z1R with some great results.

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #723 of 1,874
You can go for a pure silver cable for that detail. Always worth getting a pure silver cable. NiceHCK sells their LitzPS pro for $40ish. Easily one of the best bang for buck pure silver cables for the money. OS849 is a great all rounder and adds some significant body to earphone sonics with added stage and detail. Something like the OSG is heading toward boutique prices but it is clearly a higher end cable. Been using that on my IER Z1R with some great results.
I just got OSG 839 this aft and connected it to 3DT through M8V2. I'm am speachless after turning on treble and bass boost it was the most live club sound I've ever heard out if an earphone. True the cable was half the price of the iem but the synergy was explosive I'm in audio shock!

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #724 of 1,874
Hey all! I got the OS 849 yesterday to pair with my u12t and I am really blown away! I am still in the tip rolling and cable rolling phase, and used Cema MS series cable, Upocc cable and of course stock premium cable too. Crisp highs, great seperation, the mids are without bloat and bass seems a bit reduced, but I actually prefer that. It is still nice and rumbling for my taste. Such a great image it makes. I am very happy with it

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #725 of 1,874
Does anyone compared the Penon and ISN cables?

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #727 of 1,874
Feb 26, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #729 of 1,874
Feb 28, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #731 of 1,874
got tianwaitian cable. not from cema, same wire tho.

meh.

odd thing, just like every other "high end" cable i've tried (ranging from tianwaitian wire to 1000 usd)

they all have this odd smoothening affect which kills 4khz - 8khz.

unlike... my 20usd nicehck 16 core copper cable lol

as for now? 20usd cable > tianwaitian and all other cables, even if it sounds a bit smaller in terms of soundstage, the tonality is just so much better. idk why cables do this, if anyone has a midfi cable that DOESN'T smoothen the sound and doesn't kill 4khz-8khz, let me know.
Screenshot_20210228-165343_AliExpress.jpg

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #733 of 1,874
got tianwaitian cable. not from cema, same wire tho.

meh.

odd thing, just like every other "high end" cable i've tried (ranging from tianwaitian wire to 1000 usd)

they all have this odd smoothening affect which kills 4khz - 8khz.
I also noticed Tianwaitian had a softening effect, perhaps as a result of eliminating digital harshness & glare that's easy to mistake for detail? A nice effect to have on shouty IEMs but possibly not the best match with those that are laidback. Ultimately I sold mine only because the ergonomics didn't work for me, sonically it sounded excellent.

If in doubt I don't think you can go far wrong sticking with pure OCC copper or silver cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back