Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Feb 24, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #709 of 1,874
Any recommendations for UM 3DT cable? It is arriving today....... Dsnuts?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #710 of 1,874
Might be a good question to ask on that thread. Dont have the 3DT unfortunately. I kinda skipped on that one since I got the MEST and have the IER Z1R on the way to me. From sound descriptions it looks like it has some good technicalities possibly a good SPC cable might suit the sound profile better. I would always try what you got first and go from there.

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #711 of 1,874
Thank you for the reply.

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #712 of 1,874
Might be a good question to ask on that thread. Dont have the 3DT unfortunately. I kinda skipped on that one since I got the MEST and have the IER Z1R on the way to me. From sound descriptions it looks like it has some good technicalities possibly a good SPC cable might suit the sound profile better. I would always try what you got first and go from there.
Let me interject and say fortunately!

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #713 of 1,874
Let me interject and say fortunately!
Sorry they didnt work out for you. You must have either received a defect or weren't patient with tip rolling. IMHO the 3DT is a work of art sonicly and aesthetically and the overwhelming majority of comments in the 3DT thread by owners is overwhelmingly positive. I personally have called them an Affordable Masterpiece. The beauty of this hobby / passion / obsession - is that we all have different tastes and there are lots of options to dial in one's own prefernces.

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #714 of 1,874
Sorry they didnt work out for you. You must have either received a defect or weren't patient with tip rolling. IMHO the 3DT is a work of art sonicly and aesthetically and the overwhelming majority of comments in the 3DT thread by owners is overwhelmingly positive. I personally have called them an Affordable Masterpiece. The beauty of this hobby / passion / obsession - is that we all have different tastes and there are lots of options to dial in one's own prefernces.
I absolutely agree with you. I was merely stating my opinion and it was in no way a blanket statement. For my preferences a rolled off treble is something i dislike and try to avoid. I borrowed it from @suman134 and personally dont own it. Thankfully :wink:

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #715 of 1,874
I am 72 years old and I expect that my treble rolled off a while ago. I will not even notice it. Just call me Mr. Midrange and Bass.

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #716 of 1,874
So, Dsnuts, I think you have enriched my life. I decided to divide up my cables and IEMs between those that stay home and those that get to spend the Summer at my beach home. After matching up several IEMs. I determined that I have a Schiit load of cables that are not assigned to IEMs Time and the hobby will fix that.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #717 of 1,874
Totally agree with your comments Holson!!

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #718 of 1,874
Hello all,
Any thoughts on weather the OS849 and the OSG have different enough characteristics to own both?

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #719 of 1,874
I did a comparison of the two cables I believe it was on the OSG review

It seems to me graphene actually enhances the effects of the other materials it is fused with. In this case, the OSG is mostly silver plated copper. The cable now has become a super SPC cable. I did a few hours of comparing the OSG with the OS849. On one aspect the OSG gives a similar tone and enhancement of the sonic properties of the OS849 but the clear difference is that instrument separation and note definition. OS849 just didn’t have the same effect. There is a reason why these cables cost almost 3X more.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #720 of 1,874

Wow, congrats @Dsnuts
Waiting for some comparisons :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back