Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Sep 17, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #406 of 1,874
I have a GS849 on my Moondrop Blessing 2 and an OSG on my CA Solaris SE. After 7 days, 24/7 breakin both sound super good. Money well spent.
I have been so impressed with the OS849, that I am gonna try the OSG next. These cables are insane values no doubt.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #407 of 1,874
1600405174020.png

Well this is most definitely gonna be flagship level cable here. Retails for $799. Totems. Very cool it comes with adaptors with same material. Penon going higher end.

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #408 of 1,874
Good stuff! I know I seem like a fanboy, because I am. :wink: I love the OS849!
i am reading all your glory comments, about the OS849, but man u have the athena 8 core, so what is the deal here, so i can know, as I am in the market to buy a cable , can u compare athena with ur os849, or are you using the athena for certain iems and os849 with others

I was looking at athena for a long time but now the os849 got my attention for my noble khan

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #410 of 1,874
i am reading all your glory comments, about the OS849, but man u have the athena 8 core, so what is the deal here, so i can know, as I am in the market to buy a cable , can u compare athena with ur os849, or are you using the athena for certain iems and os849 with others

I was looking at athena for a long time but now the os849 got my attention for my noble khan
They are both killer cables, that work for specific iems for me. The OS849 is a killer SPC cable and the Athena is a very unique sound. They both get equal use in my collection. It is all about synergy, after all.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #411 of 1,874
Oh crap a new cema series :wink:)
iam still happy with my XS wich i use for my iems and most big cans

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #412 of 1,874
OMG Penon OSG🙈
OS849 was almost bought before read about OSG, @Dsnuts i hate you, definitely 😂😜😉

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #413 of 1,874
I just received the ISN AG8. Holy crap.For my taste miles ahead of the PW. For my taste. The airiness, layering, placement, stage width, depth, and height---wow. I find myself being able not only to hear things I wasn't aware were there--but identify exact placement in space. Less bright than the PW--not quite as much bass impact as the PW---but still good. I'm now using the Ibasso DX220 DAP which has also brought things to another level. The sense of immersion with this cable is extraordinary.
At $200 for an 8 wire solid silver cable-----a definite best buy. Since the Zodiac is a very detailed headphone I was worried about the ISN being too bright. Not at all. Super balanced.

ISN AG8 is Penon Leo plus direct competitor, someone prefer Leo plus over ISN AG8, can you imagine @fabio19?

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #414 of 1,874
OSG coming soon... I hope😅

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #415 of 1,874
OSG is a super SPC cable. It does everything the OS849 cable does but adds distinct note separation giving better definition and instrument separation in the mix. It is unique in what it does. I know some might think it is a gimmick but my head to head testing against the OS849 clearly separates the OSG from that cable and the OS849 is no joke.

ISN AG8 is a $100 less than than the Leo plus for a reason. Both are silver cables but the the Plus on the LEO has that palladium mixed into the materials. Sound stage is among the best using the Leo Plus even more so than the ISN AG8. It makes just about any earphone sound more higher end due to how resolving the cable is.

Palladium as the added effect of not leaning out the bass like pure silver cables do. AG8 does a much better job than most cables when it comes to bass but it does tighten the low end. The Leo Plus is magical as bass is more defined but does not lean out the bass like silver cables do. Sub bass rumble is almost like a higher end copper in how it performs. AG8 is impressive in how it adds a stage element while giving a pure signal path to your earphones. The bulky 8 cores for the AG8 adds something most silver cables can't do. That is give a fuller bigger sound vs the other silver cables. Both are excellent but there is a reason why the Leo Plus cost like it does.

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #416 of 1,874
I will see how OSG improve my IEM and than I’ll decide if buy or not Leo Plus, but OSG will be perfect for my next IEM 🙈

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #417 of 1,874
The Leo Plus was the first Penon cable to really grab my attention. I then discovered the OS 849 which I tried on several of my IEMs that really tuned them to a higher tier. As a result of Penon quality and this thread, I have spent wayyyy to much on cables. I just got a Sony M9 in today and I have several cables I am trying on it . Of course the first one is the OS 849 cooking on it tonight as it break-in.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #418 of 1,874
DSC07603.JPG I am dumb founded. Never heard a cable quite like the TOTEMS. Proper name actually as the cable is stacked. When I saw the materials this cable was covering I had an idea of how it could make an earphone sound like but I was left slack jawed first earphone I attached them to was the Mofasest Trio and it brings the Mofos I call them to an entirely new level of sonics.
1600921455871.png
Each core is made out of this.
some magical shenanigan's here but I don't know if I am stoked to hear this cable doing its work or not. Reason why I am not so happy is because all my other cables sound like basic pack in cables in comparison. Not good. it is one of those things. You can't un hear it. Let me put it this way.

Sound expands with what has to be almost amplification like effect is the only way to describe it. It isnt just the sound expanding stage enhancing element. Then you get extreme black space around notes. Music sound deeper grander more dimensional. Gold element adds that richness in tone, Silver element adds crystaline detail, Palladium adds that textured element to the sonics, Crystal Copper binds all of it and then throws out the best defined bass possible. UNBELIEVABLE..

It is almost too much effects on an earphone. Lol. I say almost but it clearly enhances anything it is attached to the nth degree. I bet this cable will make something like the ISN D02 sound like it is a flagship level earphone. Gonna test this actually. So now I understand why these things cost like they do.

Penon has thrown down the gloves.

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #419 of 1,874
I am really looking forward for you review.
But they should definately do a sleeved version of the cable :L3000:

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #420 of 1,874
I am dumb founded. Never heard a cable quite like the TOTEMS. Proper name actually as the cable is stacked. When I saw the materials this cable was covering I had an idea of how it could make an earphone sound like but I was left slack jawed first earphone I attached them to was the Mofasest Trio and it brings the Mofos I call them to an entirely new level of sonics.
Each core is made out of this.
some magical shenanigan's here but I don't know if I am stoked to hear this cable doing its work or not. Reason why I am not so happy is because all my other cables sound like basic pack in cables in comparison. Not good. it is one of those things. You can't un hear it. Let me put it this way.

Sound expands with what has to be almost amplification like effect is the only way to describe it. It isnt just the sound expanding stage enhancing element. Then you get extreme black space around notes. Music sound deeper grander more dimensional. Gold element adds that richness in tone, Silver element adds crystaline detail, Palladium adds that textured element to the sonics, Crystal Copper binds all of it and then throws out the best defined bass possible. UNBELIEVABLE..

It is almost too much effects on an earphone. Lol. I say almost but it clearly enhances anything it is attached to the nth degree. I bet this cable will make something like the ISN D02 sound like it is a flagship level earphone. Gonna test this actually. So now I understand why these things cost like they do.

Penon has thrown down the gloves.
Nice man! I am very intrigued and have already started TOTL cable shopping for my Mofos as I hear the potential and that cable just got added to the top of my list. I just wish it looked better, as in not a wierd green color with blue accented hardware, but if the sonics are that great, I might be able to live with the looks. I look forward to hearing how the weight and ergonomics are as well. Also, it would be cool if Penon did a review tour with that cable.

I just noticed that it only comes in 2.5mm, and a pigtail adapter for 4.4mm? I can't stand adapters and wonder if there will be a standard 4.4mm version?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back