Mid Life Crisis
Jul 2, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #31 of 61
Good deal! When my son is all done with college, and embarking on his career, I think I'll take a look back on things and treat myself to something nice, too!

I got a ways to go, though. He's only 8! So, for now, I'll have to be happy with the Accord and Integra in the garage. The Integra will soon be replaced by something more practical - like a Legacy Spec B, Outback, WRX STi Limited, RDX, TSX, or something along those lines.

Jul 2, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #33 of 61
I don't think you've completely thought this through. Where do you put your golf clubs?
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I don't think you've completely thought this through. Where do you put your golf clubs?
wink.gif

In the front seat, screw passengers.

Jul 2, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #37 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
I turned 40 back in March and at the time I thought it was pretty funny.
Like everyone else, I keep wondering if there's more to life, what have I accomplished so far, etc. The biggest thing though is that I now feel too old to have that great romance I've always imagined about.

Don't give up yet, I have seen people finding it at around your age, sometimes when they least expected it.

Jul 2, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #41 of 61
NICE!!
thats the best "crisis" solution I've seen in a while. One of my uncles got an S4 as part of his solution.

I love those old 240Zs

Garrett

Jul 2, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #43 of 61
What about all the other stuff about growing old? You know, like yelling at the kids whose frisbee landed on your lawn, finding an increasing amount of hair in your ears and realizing just how important fiber really is.

You have to get cranky. I'm a few weeks from 34, and I'm trying pretty hard to become cranky. Damn kids these days. And the premature gray hair... it was disturbing to find the first ones at 22, but I've gotten used to it by now.

Oh, I must be wandering and rambling on again. I think this thread was about a car, right? I've got a friend with the hardtop version, and he loves it. You have to cut loose now and then, and I hope you really enjoy it.

Jul 2, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #44 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
wink.gif

Believe it or not, that was my primary concern. I knew that fitting my clubs in the small "trunk" was iffy at best, never mind fitting in two sets of clubs (when it's my turn to drive). But, at the end of the day, I decided to fulfill a few lifelong dreams of mine without regard to whether or not the ride would be completely practical. I have not yet tried to fit my clubs in the trunk, but I think if I do I will have to remove my R7 and put that in seperately. I may even have room for my golf shoe bag. Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
so is the 350z faster/better than a porsche?

Don't know, and don't care. I do know that this is the quickest car I have ever owned.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Have you ever considered a "real" penis extension Jon?
wink.gif

Why?
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
It def isn't a status symbol, or going to drive like a porsche though.

Glad I wasn't shopping for a status symbol or a Porsche. Quote:

Originally Posted by robzy
[edit]: Btw, could we see under the hood? :p

I'll post some tomorrow.

Jul 2, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #45 of 61
I've basically been having a mid-life crisis too (will be 42 in August). Apparently it varies from person to person as to the age it hits.

Anyway, I quit the use of all tobacco and have started exercising regularly. Haven't listened to my rig much lately either, and my mood has been swinging like a busted pendulum. I didn't buy any pricey cars, but let's just say it's time to make some changes in my life... particularly in the area of health and how I take care of myself. I'm not a spring chicken anymore either.

P.S. Had a small basal cell carcinoma removed from my shoulder -- type of skin cancer that tends not to spread and is completely curable (99%), but it's solid proof that I'm not invulnerable...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back