mid-fi iems please
Jun 16, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 22
well im not necessarily looking for an upgrade. just something that will last longer than the er6i. usually more pricey ones with better warranties should. sound is obviously also very important. i can stretch pretty far but i want to spend as little as possible.

i would be happy with the sound of the er6i again but they will just break again. maybe the black plug is better but i doubt it. the um1 cable looks more like that of the er4. it also looks more comfortable. the obvious question is how it sounds. How does the um1 sound in terms of refinement? the etys are good but still lack a bit in refinement. i know um1 would be even worse but the question is how much worse?

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #18 of 22
Don't get too distracted by the spec (see the IEM guide in my signature).

Jun 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i know 40hz is the lowest note a bass guitar can produce but there are instruments that go lower. i guess its like listening to loudspeakers without subwoofers.

I guess you still haven't figure out that those spec are listed with out the [+ x dB] therefore it is almost as useless as no listing at all? You can't tell the actually freq. resp. of an IEM by looking at an incomplete spec.

In fact, if you look at UM2's freq resp. graph, you will know that they do produce sound below 40Hz.
img190.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #22 of 22
Sorry about the mess up, but regardless of whether it is UM1 or UM2, the same rule applies: spec without range is essentially no good for judging real freq. resp.

You won't know for sure whether it is within +3dB or +6dB, therefore you can't be sure how much sound below 40Kz can it pump out...and yes, UM1 probably will produce sound below 40Hz, just on a lower volume (most likely below -3dB) therefore it isn't included in the spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back