Microshar uAMP109+ ??
Jan 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the New uAMP109+ from Microshar??
here is the website: http://www.microshar.com/AMP109/

im very new with everything. please let me know if there are any reviews or anything out there.

thank you

I just got the e-mail today. If they just came out, you'll have to wait awhile before someone can buy one, burn it in and post an impression. Of course by then the discount code will be expired
frown.gif

-HK sends

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 36
Poopy so no 109 vs. D10 comparision
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 36
yeah, i saw that $40 discount. well i just purchased one of their uAMP109+ right now, and i probably should have it by wed or thursday. this is the blue one, they also have the red one which doesn't have the USB DAC and its a bit cheaper.
from what i read it seem like a pretty good deal. i will update you guys when i receive the AMP109+.
L3000.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 36
hi again everyone,

i recieved my AMP today, and it looks very good. i will take some pictures and put them up by tomorrow.
and i will test it out and tell u guys about the sound.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

hi again everyone,

i recieved my AMP today, and it looks very good. i will take some pictures and put them up by tomorrow.
and i will test it out and tell u guys about the sound.

So, two days and no comments or pictures. Do you have any other amps to compare it to?

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 36
Those volume knobs are a bit long aren't they? Makes it look clumsy, throws the aesthetics off.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 36
hello again everyone,

sorry for the delay, i decided to do a little unboxing video and i uploaded it on youtube. anyways, i still havent gotten time to review the amp completely, but so far i like it. i also took couple of picture. also im going to list all my devices that im currently using by next week.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 36
Nice videos and pictures - Thank you

Is it mentioned at all how many hours' burn-in is necessary/ advised for this amp?

Looking forward to you review!

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the New uAMP109+ from Microshar??
here is the website: http://www.microshar.com/AMP109/

im very new with everything. please let me know if there are any reviews or anything out there.

thank you

Hi..I see that you've bought the 109. I have the Microshar 107B and was very happy with it. Does 80% of what I want from a headphone amp, and the price was right $80. Great battery life as well.

Had it for about a year when I decided to get an amp with a DAC for my laptop. Thought long and hard, read a lot, and finally decided on the Practical Devices XM-5. Very much like your 109, just laid out a bit different.

I burned mine in for 2 battery cycles (60+ hrs) by playing my portable radio thru it, connected to my headphones (2 birds w/ 1 stone)

FWIW, there are 8.4v batteries w/ 300-400 MaHr available for a longer playtime.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 36
I was looking at the specs and saw up to 1200mW/channel RMS!!!Holy Crap!Is this amp really that powerful,or is that a misprint?Ciarla,how does it sound?This looks like a killer portable amp!

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the specs and saw up to 1200mW/channel RMS!!!Holy Crap!Is this amp really that powerful,or is that a misprint?Ciarla,how does it sound?This looks like a killer portable amp!

Im currently burning the amp, its been on for a day. so far the sound quality is extremly good.
and i checked the manual, and even ther it says 1200mW per channel. so im thinking its correct. i dont have a headphone strong enough to test 1.2 W, but i will by end of the week, which i will include in my review.
So far, its been very good. and i really like how i can adjust the bass with a seperate knob.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back