Microphonic Problem on Shure SE215
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gilsont

100+ Head-Fier
I have searched threads another threads, reviews after reviews...
All resulting in, "Little to no microphonics", "microphonics are non-existence with this headphone", etc...

How can nobody have a problem with the microphonics on the SE215?
This is my second pair (I used to have a pair, but sold it because of this exact problem and people said I wasn't wearing it right).

Here is the video I made a while back, and got a bunch of flame because I was describing my exact feelings towards this headphone:

To be honest, this video was quite amateur of me. It was done before I took headphones seriously. But the problem still remain: cable noise.

However...because of this worry of me not wearing it properly and the fact that I personally really WANT to like this headphone, so I decided to buy another pair. They seal properly, isolate a bunch of noise and sounds fantastic, and I did solve the heavy cable problem by wearing it properly... the cable noise is still driving me crazy. I mean... how many ways are there to wear the SE215 properly??

How can people honestly say there are no microphonics with this headphone? I'm wearing a t-shirt and the cable rubbing against my t-shirt (wearing both hanging down, over-the-ear, and behind the head) all produce the same darn problem.

Either I am SUPER SENSITIVE to microphonics or a lot of people are lying out of their behind.

Please, I beg you SE215 owners, come share your opinions or how do you wear it properly, I want to HEAR FROM YOU.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 3
I replied to your previous post on the SE215 forum regarding this same issue.  At the moment I am listening to the beginning section of Miles Davis - So What (iPod Touch 4G + SE215, no amp, OTB Shure cable).  I am listening to this at much lower volume than I would normally use, and short of purposely banging the cable on the edge of the desk or flicking it with my finger above the splitter, I cannot reproduce what you are describing.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 3
I have this problem as well. There is definitely a sound coming from the cable as I walk, mainly when the cable brushes up against my clothing or part of my body. In fact, I can hear the impact of each of my footsteps when I wear the SE215. It drives me nuts and completely distracts me from the music I'm listening to. I'm thinking it's just not meant for these physical types of uses........like walking! I like the SE215 sound; however, I am very disappointed to say the least with regard to the microphonic issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back