Micro Zotl owners...
Nov 17, 2002 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xtop_sg

New Head-Fier
Helloo everyone,
Awaiting my red Micro Zotl to arrive...
In the meanwhile, just wondering what is your favourite tube combo for the amp?
wink.gif

BTW, would 6SN7 tall bottles fill into the "box"?

Nov 19, 2002 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 5
This rather lengthy thread is from Hirsch, who owns one and really spent some time compiling and listening to find just the righ tset of tubes!! Don't skip to the end and cheat, read the whole thing and see what he says about each combination and seeif it's something you're looking for. His tastes may differ from your own, so take each combe on its own merits.

Tuberolling ZOTL

Nov 19, 2002 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 5
The MicroZOTL tube rolling thread contains a lot of what I tried. My final setup, which has not altered in months, is Sylvania 12AT7WA's (grey plate, triple mica) in front, with Ken-Rad VT-231 (6SN7GT) (clear glass, staggered plates) flanking them. For a sweeter midrange, the Sylvania VT-231 (6SN7GT) (bottom getter, 1952 and earlier) is a very nice alternative, but doesn't quite have the low end of the Ken-Rad. For a drier, more precise sound, the Sylvania 6SN7WGTA (1950's production) is an interesting alternative.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Don't skip to the end and cheat, read the whole thing and see what he says about each combination and see if it's something you're looking for. His tastes may differ from your own, so take each combe on its own merits.
[/url]

Hie ServingEcuador, thanks for the link.
You bet I read that
wink.gif
, a couple of times in fact. However, just wanted to check what the rest of the zotl people are doing with their combo as well.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
The MicroZOTL tube rolling thread contains a lot of what I tried. My final setup, which has not altered in months, is Sylvania 12AT7WA's (grey plate, triple mica) in front, with Ken-Rad VT-231 (6SN7GT) (clear glass, staggered plates) flanking them. For a sweeter midrange, the Sylvania VT-231 (6SN7GT) (bottom getter, 1952 and earlier) is a very nice alternative, but doesn't quite have the low end of the Ken-Rad. For a drier, more precise sound, the Sylvania 6SN7WGTA (1950's production) is an interesting alternative.

In the search of one's "absolute sound" ( note that they are in small caps ) perhap, the headphone cable would also "change' the sonics of the HD 600 quite a bit part from the rolling of tube - or at least I have gathered from earlier postings.

Hirsch, when I can get hold of those tube you have experimented, I will post my finding ....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back