micro to mini usb otg cable
Nov 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #32 of 40
  I know its been a while since this thread has been bumped however I found something which may help some people.

Mini to Micro USB OTG cable.
Right angle jacks.
10cm total lengh.
$5.99

The seller states it is OTG and wired the correct way for DAC use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301556014007?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Please keep in mind I have ordered though not yet tried it. 

I will return and edit in if the cable works with my Galaxy S4, S3.

EDIT: 20 - August - 2015.

The cable arrived and is confirmed working with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I'm unhappy to say this, but this cable is absolute crap. Bending the cable to connect your smartphone to a DAC causes the wires to shorten, which in effect stops audio playback when you so much as look at it.

I'm going to buy a better one by Moon audio or Forza audio, after using 6 of this cables in the last months, and sending my RSA Intruder back for repairs because I didn't know what the heck was going on.

Daan

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #34 of 40
Probably a lemon. I have the same cable from the same seller as @H20Fidelity (and probably got it before he does) and still using it without any issue.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #35 of 40
Actually quite a few members are using these OTG cables without problem. Mine are still working perfectly fine, bending, connecting etc.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #37 of 40
Resurrecting this older thread, as I have a couple questions regarding a OTG Micro B to Mini B

I have a Samsung 5 which has one single end cable that has a combined dual port, one for Charging (USB Micro B) other for Data  (Micro HDMI), the other end is the standard USB A that I attach into adapter plug for electric source.

From reading a few threads here it appears I need to use a OTG  Micro B to Mini B  to attach to a RSA Intruder. That forces the phone to be the driving end of the USB stream, and not the receiving end.

1) Since my phone has combined dual port one data the other micro b , do I just plug the OTG micro B into the micro B of the combined dual port of the Samsung and the mini B into the Intruder

2) How important is that the OTG has to be at the Micro B end and not at the Mini B end, or will it work if its at either end.

3) I only have been able to find a 8'' OTG Micro B to Mini B, https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-8in-USB-OTG-Cable-Micro-USB-to-Mini-USB-M-M/3955058.aspx?pfm=srh
however I want one that's only about 4 1/2" or 5'' Can someone point me to that size.

Maybe someone has been down this road
Thx

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #38 of 40
Resurrecting this older thread, as I have a couple questions regarding a OTG Micro B to Mini B

I have a Samsung 5 which has one single end cable that has a combined dual port, one for Charging (USB Micro B) other for Data  (Micro HDMI), the other end is the standard USB A that I attach into adapter plug for electric source.

From reading a few threads here it appears I need to use a OTG  Micro B to Mini B  to attach to a RSA Intruder. That forces the phone to be the driving end of the USB stream, and not the receiving end.

1) Since my phone has combined dual port one data the other micro b , do I just plug the OTG micro B into the micro B of the combined dual port of the Samsung and the mini B into the Intruder

2) How important is that the OTG has to be at the Micro B end and not at the Mini B end, or will it work if its at either end.

3) I only have been able to find a 8'' OTG Micro B to Mini B, https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-8in-USB-OTG-Cable-Micro-USB-to-Mini-USB-M-M/3955058.aspx?pfm=srh
however I want one that's only about 4 1/2" or 5'' Can someone point me to that size.

Maybe someone has been down this road
Thx

I strongly advice against using micro usb if you want to take this rig with you. I eventually bought a Bluetooth dac (soundblaster e5) and connected it's line out to my RSA. No more disconnects, after years of frustration. Good luck.

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #39 of 40
I strongly advice against using micro usb if you want to take this rig with you. I eventually bought a Bluetooth dac (soundblaster e5) and connected it's line out to my RSA. No more disconnects, after years of frustration. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up, did you have to send your RSA to Ray to have it Bluetooth compatible, or as you say, you utilized the line out of dac to the in of your amp. If so, what's the point of having Bluetooth if you are still using cable to connect,. or are you  using your android connecting to dac then into amp. (3 devices )   I know I read of using a dap into a Cyber Labs DB dac and then into amp. Jude, the owner of Headfi use to use that combination. and said it was great. He did a video on it as well.

For the mean time, I 'm going to have to use my android, to connect to the Intruder I will eventually get a Dac.  I will be using the android around the house and work, not on the go.
I also use a I mod into my Intruder utilizing the line in of the Intruder and not the USB Micro when I am out and about.

Is it  possible to answer some of my questions below, if you know the answers, I would appreciate it. >>>Thx

however I want one that's only about 4 1/2" or 5'' Can someone point me to that size

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #40 of 40

Thanks for the heads up, did you have to send your RSA to Ray to have it Bluetooth compatible, or as you say, you utilized the line out of dac to the in of your amp. If so, what's the point of having Bluetooth if you are still using cable to connect,. or are you  using your android connecting to dac then into amp. (3 devices )   I know I read of using a dap into a Cyber Labs DB dac and then into amp. Jude, the owner of Headfi use to use that combination. and said it was great. He did a video on it as well.

For the mean time, I 'm going to have to use my android, to connect to the Intruder I will eventually get a Dac.  I will be using the android around the house and work, not on the go.
I also use a I mod into my Intruder utilizing the line in of the Intruder and not the USB Micro when I am out and about.

Is it  possible to answer some of my questions below, if you know the answers, I would appreciate it. >>>Thx

however I want one that's only about 4 1/2" or 5'' Can someone point me to that size

I found this one at aliexpress

4" 10cm Micro USB Type B male to mini USB Type B male Host OTG Adapter Cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/iIf26nEb
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back