Micro stack appreciation thread
Feb 25, 2006 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Here I am sitting at my laptop running my HD600's out of the micro stack.
This is just incredible sound from such a humble rig.

Ive been listening to this set up for the past couple hours. I havent had time to sit and listen to music lately, lifes been too hectic for me to sit still so its been while.
But sound like this from such a humble set up should be unlawful.

iTunes and a laptop have no right sounding this good.

This is just sounds too good from this kind of set up.

Thought Id like to share my rediscovery
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 42
for some reason my windows media player and iRiver sound better than iTunes. even when all of them are set to flat frequency response.

I use iTunes because its convenient, interface is much easier to deal with. I use a Toshiba laptop, so there might be some inbitations I am unaware of with my laptop whether it be software or the USB cable, yours may be very well prove a different performance level.
are you using a micro stack with the power book too?

The iRiver optical out sounds better the the USB from my laptop to my ears.

but I think you may have misundstood the point of the comment. In context, I was stating that the micro stack and laptop in such a small package creates such a high quality sound, Its not to normally be expected sound quality of this level can be achieved from the set up and at this price point (IMHO). Rather then an insult it was mean to be a compliment.

cheers

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Here I am sitting at my laptop running my HD600's out of the micro stack.
This is just incredible sound from such a humble rig.

Not all *that* humble, at $600
tongue.gif
. How 'bout my setup, $50 DVD player -> $150 amp.

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Hi Fewtch,
All that matters is you enjoy your rig regardless of price, as I do mine.
music is a wonderful thing.

Amen to that...

Quote:

I hope you were not offended.

Nope. Glad you're enjoying the Micro stack
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 42
Can I participate with only half the stack?
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #9 of 42
I'm waiting for a Stack to arrive here -black diamond also
biggrin.gif
order's placed almost a month ago
eek.gif

It seems headroom's having a problem getting 220V power supply
frown.gif

I hope it'll be worth waiting
rolleyes.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 42
RnB180

How does the Microstack compare to your "Cute Stack" set up? I have the Microamp that I am using for work. I am considering either getting the Microdac and bring the Microamp home for use there and then getting something else for work or getting the a Cute amp and dac for home use. Your thoughts and insight would be appreciated.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 42
I have added the 2nd pc. (microdac) to complete my stack in the last couple of weeks. It has changed my listening habits and my appreciation for a product that truly goes beyond the hype. There is no nicer company or better bang for the buck than a Microstack.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 42
Is it a bad idea to pair the Micro DAC with another portable amplifier? For example, a pocket reference II, RSA hornet/sr-71, or portaphile v2^2.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
I have added the 2nd pc. (microdac) to complete my stack in the last couple of weeks. It has changed my listening habits and my appreciation for a product that truly goes beyond the hype. There is no nicer company or better bang for the buck than a Microstack.

Hate to crap on this thread, but the difference between the battery powered sound and the walwart sound is just unacceptable in my opinion; If you plan to use this stack portably, fine, but if you plan to use it at a desk, look for other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back