Mick Jagger has ants in his pants
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

milkweg

Banned
Watched that Martin Scorcese film on the Stones last night and Mick Jagger can not stand still for more than 2 seconds. He tends to shout more than sing too. Not impressed.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watched that Martin Scorcese film on the Stones last night and Mick Jagger can not stand still for more than 2 seconds. He tends to shout more than sing too. Not impressed.

Wow. He's been around for a while, as have the Stones. Staggeringly inane first impressions. Not impressed.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 18
x2 on the drugs.
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Rofl,that's mick to a tee.
He cannot sing at all but as a performer and showman he is great.
Nice avatar by the way.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 18
I mean, he is like 50+ and he has abused his body a lot over the years. I am surprised that he is alive, much less singing and performing.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean, he is like 50+ and he has abused his body a lot over the years. I am surprised that he is alive, much less singing and performing.

He'll soon turn 65, actually. This summer on July 26th (thank you, Google).

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 18
Actually I think Jagger is a bit of a health nut. He jogs and sings at the same time for breath control. His father was a phys ed teacher. The ants in the pants I think comes more from an emulation/borrowing of his movments from the hardest working man in showbiz -- James Brown. As far as I know, the most abused part of his anatomy can't be mentioned here.

oh, here you go:

One of the benefits of being in a famous rock band is you can keep a personal trainer on hand as you tour. Jagger's trainer is Torje Eike, a Norwegian whose previous clients include Olympic athletes, national soccer teams, and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.

Before a tour, Jagger runs eight miles a day, swims, kickboxes, and works out every other day in the gym, according to a report in the Daily Express.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I think Jagger is a bit of a health nut. He jogs and sings at the same time for breath control. His father was a phys ed teacher. The ants in the pants I think comes more from an emulation/borrowing of his movments from the hardest working man in showbiz -- James Brown. As far as I know, the most abused part of his anatomy can't be mentioned here.

oh, here you go:

One of the benefits of being in a famous rock band is you can keep a personal trainer on hand as you tour. Jagger's trainer is Torje Eike, a Norwegian whose previous clients include Olympic athletes, national soccer teams, and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.

Before a tour, Jagger runs eight miles a day, swims, kickboxes, and works out every other day in the gym, according to a report in the Daily Express.

Exactly. Even in the old days, it was pretty obvious that Mick was striving for longevity, on every level.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. He's been around for a while, as have the Stones. Staggeringly inane first impressions. Not impressed.

I've been listening to The Stones since I was a toddler back in the UK when the Stones first started. I like their recordings but I didn't care for their live performance at all. Bunch of posers if you ask me and the singing was bad, as I have already alluded too. They sound better on record than live by far. They are not first impressions nor inane. They are honest impressions.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. Even in the old days, it was pretty obvious that Mick was striving for longevity, on every level.

What does that have to do with his singing ability though? He is a poor singer IMO and he was literally shouting out most of the songs at that concert instead of actually singing.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

What does that have to do with his singing ability though? He is a poor singer IMO and he was literally shouting out most of the songs at that concert instead of actually singing.

Umm, that comment about longevity was a response to the comments about Jagger abusing himself, but for the record, I've always dug his voice as well as his stage presence—and really dig his band.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Well, I guess the point I am trying to make is that they have received more accolades than they actually deserve. Just like the Beatles too. <EBG>

Well, alrighty then. It's your thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back