Miami Meet 2/18/06
Feb 16, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #271 of 302
Maybe ya'll get so drunk you'll leave me a few HE90s
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously - if anyone wants my phone # please email me at icehawk @ comcast.net and I will send it to you after work today.

I'll see everyone starting at 10am on - you should just be able to buzz the front desk from the gate and let them know you are here for the #1902 party (I'll also tell the front desk it is "Headfi" but who knows how effective that will be).

Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday!

Feb 16, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #274 of 302
i will have my 701's but they may be recabled (balanced too) by saturday...

i feel like death (maybe got shocked one two many times by that KGSS?
basshead.gif
)

so ya im taking tomorrow off and I have everything to recable my headphones sitting in a box begging to be complete... hehe

speaking of which, i want some people to listen to tyrions KGSS cause something dosent sound right... ironcally i hear it in the right channel (the one i didnt touch ok? lol) so i dunno whats up... know its not the HE60's cause i reversed the left and right outputs and then i heard it on the left... sigh...

anyhow... i am almost done with my dynamite... worse case scenario its "just" a dynahi again... but this time in a case and less of a fire hazard!
smily_headphones1.gif

also gonna have my pimeta which is finally cased up...

as far as cans... i have my K26p, K701s, K1000s (recabled), DT880, DT990PRO, HF-1, UE 5p and i think thats it lol

Feb 17, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #275 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnis
I think Miguel (right?), that is, mrarroyo, is bringing K701's.

Yes I am. What I am deciding is if in addition to the Mapletree Ear Purist + HD100, and the SuperMacroIII Ver. 6 should I also bring the Ensemble EB01 USB DAC I just received.

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #276 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Yes I am. What I am deciding is if in addition to the Mapletree Ear Purist + HD100, and the SuperMacroIII Ver. 6 should I also bring the Ensemble EB01 USB DAC I just received.

That's a no brainer.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #278 of 302
This thread is worthless without a gear list!!! I'm grabbing the ones that I think will help, but I'm sure I'll forget something and bring something else that isn't needed. Oh well...

Feb 17, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #279 of 302
There was a gear list a few pages back

I'll have a linn lp12 with my new graham slee phono stage a dynahi and woody HF-1s, if anyone wants I can bring my akg 340s as well

I will also bring my portable rig, the red wine audio modded ipod, silver mini (highflyin9) sr71

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #280 of 302
Mikeg - drive safely and we'll see you around noontime!

I'd try and gather a gear list but this thread is a total monster
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wmcmanus - I'd really love to hear a PS-1 since all I read here is how these are the kings of bass, and well, I'll admit to loving a bit of thump now and again
basshead.gif
Any of your other rarer cans you can bring would be a plus of course, your list is quite extensive!

Not sure what we really have in the way of non-electrostatic amps either, seems a bit sparse?

Miguel, a USB DAC would be great
smily_headphones1.gif
but is anyone bringing a laptop? I sold my spare and my wife will be using hers - I should be able to borrow my friend's Powerbook but I'm not positive. Plus it's a Mac
tongue.gif

Ok, gotta drop the checks off at the building manager's later this morning and we should be good to go. I'm going to stop at the grocery store and buy a few 2 liters of soda - any special requests? I figure 2 coke, 1 diet coke, 1 sprite should be enough with all the beer? Maybe grab a jug of water too. Duh... Feel free to bring some snacks or something - there are plenty of places for us to get food in close walking distance so lunch and/or dinner should not be a problem. The room we are using does have a small fridge that we can use.

Also, if you play pool... bring your cue
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #281 of 302
jp11801

Main rig
Linn LP12
graham slee solo gold reflex phono stage
dynahi
Zebrawoody HF-1s
AKG 340s

Portable
Redwine audio mod ipod
sr71

mikeg

HE90 headphone
Koss ESP/950 headphone
McAlister EA-4 amp.
Marantz SA-8260
Sony R10
Cordia Aria

Icehawk

S.f 5 Pro IEMs
Little Dot Micro amp

tyrion

Headphile HF-1
RSA Raptor
HE60
KGSS (may not be operational at the meet)
STAX SRM-1 mk-2
HEV70
Hornet
Shure E5
Rega P5/RSA XR-2
Rega Apollo
ASL MG Head Otl32

mrarroyo

-Mapletree Ear Purist + HD100
-SuperMacro-III Version 6
-AKG K701

Solbergg

Headphones:

Senn HD 580's (shoddy cable, but it works if I hold it in a certain position)
Grado SR-60's
Koss KSC-75's (they're small, why not?)

Amp:
JMT Transportable Pimeta

Source:
Ipod 4g Photo

Guss2

SCD-1,HD650,HE90

This is what I was able to find.

Icehawk has advised that there is 2 hour parking acroos the street from the entrance to the building where we can park and unload. After we unload we should move to longer term parking in the garage.

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #282 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Does Gene have one you could borrow?

yes, I do, and you are welcome to it, Mike (Stax -> HE90 adapter).

I am going to Casey Key tonight, and could drop it by your house.

<edit> Nevermind - I see that Wayne is bringing one.

Have a great time, people, I sure hate missing this. </edit>

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #284 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Mikeg - drive safely and we'll see you around noontime!

I'd try and gather a gear list but this thread is a total monster
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wmcmanus - I'd really love to hear a PS-1 since all I read here is how these are the kings of bass, and well, I'll admit to loving a bit of thump now and again
basshead.gif
Any of your other rarer cans you can bring would be a plus of course, your list is quite extensive!

Not sure what we really have in the way of non-electrostatic amps either, seems a bit sparse?

Also, if you play pool... bring your cue
smily_headphones1.gif

Both Mike, Miguel and I should also have non-electro amps the Dynahi, Raptor and Mapletree.

If you like bass the Lin Lp 12 with the woody HF-1 pump the bass pretty well, put on Elvis Costello pump it up and jam!!

PS are you anywhere near a brewpub called Titanic? I would love to stop by there if it is close or resonably close by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back