Miami Meet 2/18/06
Feb 16, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #256 of 302
Will the KGSS drive the HE90? If yes, then will it be ready for this meet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I've been told my KGSS will be making an appearence. flecom put in some long hours getting it running for me. He ran in to a few problems as he went along, replaced a few more parts and it's working. I've confirmed that I will have an Apollo at the meet. I will pick it up Friday night and I am supposed to have it back Saturday night, after the meet.

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #257 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Will the KGSS drive the HE90? If yes, then will it be ready for this meet?

I don't know. I use a Stax adapter with my HE60's. What adapter does the HE90 use?

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #258 of 302
Although I know that there is a Stax to HE90 adapter, I don't have one. Too bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I don't know. I use a Stax adapter with my HE60's. What adapter does the HE90 use?

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #260 of 302
Ya, of course I'm coming. I've been planning to come all along and was going to just show up and say "surprise"... but I figured I should let you guys know now so at least you can give me your wish list for equipment that you want me to bring.

I'm selling my Maestro ZR to a guy in Europe so I need to bring it to Florida to then ship it to Mikhail to get the voltage converted. So that's about all I'll be able to handle in terms of big items.

I'll bring the W5000 and AD2000 which are new. Is anyone bringing a pair of K701? What else should I bring in terms of headphones or other small items? The Omega II's are out on loan at the moment, but otherwise everything is here.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #261 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ya, of course I'm coming. I've been planning to come all along and was going to just show up and say "surprise"... but I figured I should let you guys know now so at least you can give me your wish list for equipment that you want me to bring.

I'm selling my Maestro ZR to a guy in Europe so I need to bring it to Florida to then ship it to Mikhail to get the voltage converted. So that's about all I'll be able to handle in terms of big items.

I'll bring the W5000 and AD2000 which are new. Is anyone bringing a pair of K701? What else should I bring in terms of headphones or other small items? The Omega II's are out on loan at the moment, but otherwise everything is here.

I knew you couldn't resist the beer.
biggrin.gif
Do you have an HE90 stax adapter? This is great news!

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #262 of 302
Quote:

Although I know that there is a Stax to HE90 adapter, I don't have one. Too bad.

I've got one and I'll bring it. I've got a Stax to HEV90 amp adapter, and a HE90 to Stax amp adapter. I'll bring both of them.

I'm assuming that I won't need to bring the HE90's themselves. I'd love to bring the HEV90, but with the Maestro ZR as a carry on item already, I don't think I'll be able to manage it.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #264 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I've got one and I'll bring it. I've got a Stax to HEV90 amp adapter, and a HE90 to Stax amp adapter. I'll bring both of them.

I'm assuming that I won't need to bring the HE90's themselves. I'd love to bring the HEV90, but with the Maestro ZR as a carry on item already, I don't think I'll be able to manage it.

Just show up, that will be enough (with the adapters, of course).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnis
Buy an extra ticket so I can swim out and then carry the HEV90 on for you.

Nice try.
biggrin.gif

mikeg: Problem solved.

Feb 16, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #267 of 302
Sweet!

Wmcmanus - can you bring the PS-1s and maybe the CD3k and/or SA5k? I don't think anyone else is bringing those. Uh, shoot can't think of who but we should have a K701 in attendance. Heh, do you have the Floats in your posession or are they still out there?
k1000smile.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #268 of 302
Gary - I've burned-in the HE90 for approx. 48 hours, and there seems to be substantial further improvement. Therefore, I've decided to bring it along. It's really great to have Wayne join us, and I especially look forward to his very experienced opinion regarding the sound of the HE90/McAlister combo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
My HE90's will be there and Mike is bringing his McAlister,so we'll have a working combo.Gary.

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #269 of 302
Quote:

Gary - I've burned-in the HE90 for approx. 48 hours, and there seems to be substantial further improvement. Therefore, I've decided to bring it along. It's really great to have Wayne join us, and I especially look forward to his very experienced opinion regarding the sound of the HE90/McAlister combo.

I agree, having Wayne who has the heard the HE90's with a number of amps will be in a position to provide valuable input on the McAlister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back