MF VDACII + JDS O2 doesnt work. Need Help.
Oct 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Firewall1105

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I just recently imported the JDS O2 headphone amp and tried to connect it to my MF VDACII. At last I connected the vdac via spdif to my pc and via rca out to my desktop amp and the loudspeakers. Now I want to use my headphones with this amp. I connected the dac via spdif to the pc and the dac via rca to 3.5 jack adapter to the input of the jds o2. But there is no sound, just some background noise. The O2 works great amplifying other sources. The problem seems to be something referring to the dac output or rca to 3.5 adapter. Here I've got the link to the adapter: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00183R2Z4/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
Right now, I dont know, what i could have done wrong. Do you have any idea? Is there any problem with my plan to connect these devices? 
Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards,
Firewall1105

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 3
did you try them running them individually, does the spdif disable the RCA's? 

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 3
I presume you mean a Toslink (spdif) cable and by PC you mean Windows. Go into sound preferences make sure there is a connection for Digital. You may need to download Realtek Digital file. If there is a digital connection select it. Once selected go into that making sure you tell it to act as a volume control and disable all other things under "Sounds and preferences" eg to do nothing. Then go into Player programme eg Windows Media Player, iTunes or whatever and make sure it is selected there as well. Don't put the headphones on your ears just yet, you will need to check Volume levels first. Make sure you can lower and raise the Volume in your player programme. If your using any other Player programme other than the previously mentioned you may need to download ASIO4all.Come back to me if you need further help. Deano2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back