Meze EMPYREAN II
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #242 of 597
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #245 of 597
Dec 13, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #249 of 597
My Empy2 should arrive next week. I still have my OG Empy and my Elite with all the different pads including AA so will be able to do some critical listening at home to see how they all compare.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #250 of 597
I am loving my Empy II. They are so spacious sounding. Waiting on OG leather pads to see what effect they have on bass which it needs a tad more of. Otherwise my favorite so far. I am also rocking Atrium, Utopia 2020, TH-900 MKII, Stellia, and a bunch of IEMs.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #251 of 597
I am loving my Empy II. They are so spacious sounding. Waiting on OG leather pads to see what effect they have on bass which it needs a tad more of. Otherwise my favorite so far. I am also rocking Atrium, Utopia 2020, TH-900 MKII, Stellia, and a bunch of IEMs.
How would you say it compares to your Atrium specifically? I know the Meze is a planar, but the Atrium also sounds very spacious and has a bass light sound imo, so just curious

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #252 of 597
I am working my way through sample listening and the write up. Top of my comparison list is the 109 Pro.

Early view - EmpyII could be viewed as a big [very pricey] upgrade to the 109 Pro. LOTS of similarities in the overall presentation feel with massive upgrades in resolution, stage size and depth, layering performance, and that warm and sparkly Meze tuning with WAY more refinement in the lows and highs and much better performing midrange. It grips you more.

I would definitely recommend those that enjoy the 109 Pro to consider the EmpyII. Full thoughts coming soon.
Thats super interesting! Love my 109s, and theyre the most comfortable headphone Ive ever tried. Cant wait to try and CanJam

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #253 of 597
How would you say it compares to your Atrium specifically? I know the Meze is a planar, but the Atrium also sounds very spacious and has a bass light sound imo, so just curious
To me they sound more spacious then Atrium which I thought was crazy. They are wider sounding left and right. I use Apple Music and even without the atmos I get a very spacious holographic sound.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #254 of 597
I recently got my Empy II and the atirum is nothing like the Empy II they are extremely different headphones.

Empy II is amazing at imaging and seperation. And on a bifrost 2/64 it is a detail monster (almost too much so) but on a warmer dac the pairing is blissful (og bifrost 2 card). It’s has great imaging and even poorly recorded songs sound great on the Empy II. The atrium is vast and warm sounding, it’s like having a nice warm blanket in the winter.
I still rank the atrium higher for my personal preference of sound signature but I love having both in my collection.

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #255 of 597
I recently got my Empy II and the atirum is nothing like the Empy II they are extremely different headphones.

Empy II is amazing at imaging and seperation. And on a bifrost 2/64 it is a detail monster (almost too much so) but on a warmer dac the pairing is blissful (og bifrost 2 card). It’s has great imaging and even poorly recorded songs sound great on the Empy II. The atrium is vast and warm sounding, it’s like having a nice warm blanket in the winter.
I still rank the atrium higher for my personal preference of sound signature but I love having both in my collection.
Thanks for the great description, yeah I have the Bifrost 2/64 and the original Bifrost card here with me. Could try with both

This description kind of sounds like my 109 Pro. Obviously not as much detail as something like the Empy 2 would have, but the imaging and high emphasis on detail sounds like it. I do very much enjoy that headphone, and have trouble parting way because it sounds so good lol

I also use my headphones for single player gaming and yeah I can see how having that kind of sound signature can be a bit much sometimes with the Meze 109. I love my Atrium and Verite for gaming, just perfect compliments for that. Might still consider the Empyrean 2 down the line though if I get bored, thanks for the description

Users who are viewing this thread

Back