Meze EMPYREAN II
Nov 8, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #31 of 563
Does anyone know if Meze will have the Empy 2's at Canjam Dallas this weekend? I assume so...
Pretty sure they will. Jude mentioned in the CanJam Dallas video that you'll want to stop by the Meze booth to check out something he couldn't talk about yet.

Edit: just saw the following pic on IG.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-000645.png
    Screenshot_20231109-000645.png
    964.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #33 of 563
You know I still really like my Empyreans. I've always preferred their warmer signature over the Elite. I noticed that cable upgrades dramatically change the sound of the Empys. I'm using my go-to WyWire platinum with them which edges them much closer to the Elites. Also I bought some of the Elite pads and I think having those thiner pads on the OG Empyrean helps clean the mid bass up significantly. I know Meze changed the driver, but just the changing to the hybrid pads and silver cable upgrade is going to push these between OG Empyrean with stock accessories and the Elite. Excited to hear some more impressions from CanJam Dallas. The Empyrean is a headphone that really does its own thing and is enjoyable with most everything.

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #34 of 563
If it really uses the MZ3SE driver as shown on the Meze website, that would be the same as the Elite. Quite an upgrade over the original Empyrean.

Looks like Meze have corrected the product page, and the Empyrean 2 uses the same MZ3 drivers from the original Empyrean after all.
empyrean2-mz3.png

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #35 of 563
Joshua Valour would take the Empyrean II over a Sennheiser HE1.

The one to slay them all. Scary how uniformly positive the reviews are, even from Meze Haters.

Also scary considering I like the original Meze house sound and this seems to be quite the departure from it

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #37 of 563
Hello

Congrats! I’m tempted getting one too! Looking forward to your impressions!

Does your meze headphones sound as good from your N30LE as from your Ferrum stack?

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #38 of 563
I find this whole thing confounding. Why would they discontinue headphone that had a very distinctive sound and that’s what drew people to it.

The new headphone might be better, or not quite as good as the Elite, but it certainly has to be closer to the Elite than the original Empyrean. So why spend $1000 more and get the Elite?

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #39 of 563

The one to slay them all. Scary how uniformly positive the reviews are, even from Meze Haters.

Also scary considering I like the original Meze house sound and this seems to be quite the departure from it
This is just pure silliness

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #40 of 563
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #42 of 563
I find the Empyrean 2's concept to be similar to that of the Audeze LCD-X. Although the Audeze house sound was a defining feature of the Audeze LCD-X sound, the 2021 upgrade adjusted the tone more in the direction of neutrality. It appears that Meze has now treated the Empyrean 2 in the same way. So they can now reach a wider target group like myself who never liked the original Meze house sound but have always loved the design/build quality. This may not be appealing to existing Meze headphone users. Order set, looking forward to hearing it.

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #43 of 563
So is there any reason to believe the driver has changed in any way? Looking at the post above saying they're the same. I admittedly haven't watched any of the Meze marketing videos if it's in there somewhere, but it just looks like a new aesthetic and we're getting rid of the old pads.

Impedance listed on their site goes from 31.6 to 32, which is something I guess, or they started rounding up.

I want to believe it's different somehow, but everything I read is vague. I do like the new look but I like the old look about as much and might just grab a used set and wait for them to sell the new pads.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #44 of 563
Hello

Congrats! I’m tempted getting one too! Looking forward to your impressions!

Does your meze headphones sound as good from your N30LE as from your Ferrum stack?

RS8 has been my primary DAC source to OOR for it's R-2R analog tonality. I haven't had the opportunity N30LE OOR and will have more time when I'm home later this month – looking forward to hearing N30LE's Tube Classic timbre output via OOR.

Since I have more listening time with just N30LE, all 3 Meze – 109Pro, Empy, Elite – sound quite lovely with Hyper / M or H gain / Tube Classic which cuddles you in tube-like coloration and natural tonality with impactful, textural bass that Cayin DAPs are known for.

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #45 of 563

Joshua never really liked the he1 in the first place, He even considered the He1 to be slightly inferior to the 1266.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back