Meze Elite - Reduce the brightness of high frequencies
Apr 29, 2023 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

picfad

New Head-Fier
Hello folks!

I like the Meze Elite, and it's the most comfortable headphones for me.

But the high frequencies on rock and vocals are too annoying for me.

I am using amplifier chord hugo tt2 with the meze elite.

Maybe anyone has any tips on solving this problem to get smooth and friendly high frequencies on rock and vocals?

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 23
Have you considered software EQ?

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 23
Sure, this is the next step to solve this problem, I see you have a meze elite, do you have any recommendations with setting for EQ?

I have a Lokius, but I don't perceive any issues with the stock tuning, so I don't EQ the Elite except for a little bass. Have you tried it on an R2R DAC?

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 23
If not, @betula had your setup at one point, I believe.

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 23
Hello folks!

Maybe anyone has any tips on solving this problem to get smooth and friendly high frequencies on rock and vocals?
Which pads are you using? If swapping pads doesn’t help, I can definitely recommend adding a tube amp. I don’t have any issues with the treble on my Elite even when I use it with the Piety, so it’s possible you are more sensitive to certain treble frequencies than many of us Elite owners.

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #7 of 23
I have a Lokius, but I don't perceive any issues with the stock tuning, so I don't EQ the Elite except for a little bass. Have you tried it on an R2R DAC?
I have only chord hugo tt2.
R2R DAC - not tried. Could you tell me the name of this amp/DAC?
Can i connect Lokius to tt2 ?

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 23
Which pads are you using? If swapping pads doesn’t help, I can definitely recommend adding a tube amp. I don’t have any issues with the treble on my Elite even when I use it with the Piety, so it’s possible you are more sensitive to certain treble frequencies than many of us Elite owners.
Can I use Piety with chord hugo tt2 (sorry for asking, because a newbie in hifi ) ?

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #9 of 23
I have only chord hugo tt2.
R2R DAC - not tried. Could you tell me the name of this amp/DAC?
Can i connect Lokius to tt2 ?
I've owned a few R2R DACs but have heard several. Currently using the Sonnet Morpheus and unlikely that I'll upgrade anytime soon.

If you're using the TT2 as a DAC/Amp combo, I'm not aware of a way to integrate the Lokius, which is why I suggested software EQ.

Apr 30, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 23
У меня было несколько ЦАПов R2R, но я слышал о нескольких. В настоящее время использую Sonnet Morpheus и вряд ли в ближайшее время обновлю его.

Если вы используете TT2 в качестве комбинации ЦАП/усилитель, я не знаю, как интегрировать Lokius, поэтому я предложил программный эквалайзер.
Thanks will try to play with eq.

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 23
Hello folks!

R2R DACs and TC tube amps where you have to continue your quest.

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 23
Apr 30, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 23
The D9200 is a great little closed back. It can't compete with the natural openness of higher-end planars though.
No, but a lot of the complaints about it, I don't experience with an R2R setup. Just a recommendation to try it again.

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 23
No, but a lot of the complaints about it, I don't experience with an R2R setup. Just a recommendation to try it again.
D9200 are great closed headphones. One of the best choices for the price. But open back headphones will easily destroy them any day IMO. Even for less money. Open backs will always sound more spacious, more natural, more lifelike. Closed back is always a necessity when you can't enjoy the full naturalness of open-back sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back