Meze Audio IEM Tour: Single Dynamic Driver ADVAR
May 14, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 50
Very interested!

• Head-Fi Username: tombrisbane
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Brisbane, Australia
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: Many impressions in the forums here and on Reddit/Whirlpool forums (Australian tech forum). Happy to write a proper review
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. Mojo 2, Topping A90/D90 stack, Sony TA-ZH1ES, Sony Walkman ZX507
  • IEMs that you currently own. Many, my favourites - wired IER-Z1R, Senn IE600/IE300. Wireless - Beoplay EX / B&W PI7

May 14, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #17 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: darmanastartes
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Arlington, VA USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...ore-from-darmanastartes.963101/#post-16932836
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. Hidizs S9, Qudelix 5K
  • IEMs that you currently own: See link above, I still have most of the IEMs I have previously reviewed on hand.

May 14, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #18 of 50
Head-fi Username: ChrisOc

City and Country: London, UK

Published Reviews: Various on Head-fi.org...I will provide a list if requested.

Audio Equipment to be used with Advar:
Fiio M11 and BTR5; Haafee HA11; Xduoo MT604; Littlebear B4X; Rod Rain Audio; SMSL AD18; Mi Mix and Various dongles.

IEMs I currently own:
Meze Rai Solo; Effect Audio Axiom; All TRI models; Various KBear models; Various Penon models; Various IMR models; Various ISN models....I will be happy to provide a complete list if required.

May 16, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #19 of 50
headfi username inmytaxi
city and country Sarasota Florida USA
no reviews yet
iBasso dx300
cheap Sony dap around $100
Penon Fan
Grado wireless iems
KZ various types
home gear of a wide variety and quality as appropriate

This iem would be BY FAR more expensive than any iem I have heard. I have comparable headphones including ZMF, Audeze, DCA, Sennheiser, Grado, etc.

May 16, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #20 of 50
Meze_Audio_Advar_lifestyle.jpg

Meze Audio values first-hand experience and constructive feedback from experienced users, and we want to connect with as many dedicated headphone enthusiasts as possible. We decided to host this tour so that you can try our latest product with your own players and music and form your opinion as early as possible.

The Advar is our latest IEM offer that hides a powerful, detailed, lifelike sound behind a uniquely designed stainless steel chassis. Inside the shell, a precisely tuned 10.2 mm single dynamic driver creates a warm, dynamic presentation that stays true to Meze Audio’s already established sound signature. The diaphragm offers impressive control all across the frequency range, leaving room to a smooth, velvet-like sound. The CNC finishing and high-gloss Black Chrome plating on the main shell added a touch of elegance to a well-engineering ear monitor.

Please read the tour instruction carefully. By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to follow the tour arrangement and will publish a detailed review of Advar Showcase on Head Gear or any magazine/review website you are affiliated with. For more information regarding Meze Advar, please check out the Meze website and the official Meze Audio Advar thread in Head-Fi forum.

Tour Schedule:
  • 13 May 2022: Tour Application Starts
  • 20 May 2022: Tour Application Ended
  • 23 May 2021: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 25 May 2021: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers

How to Apply:

If you are interested to review our Advar in this tour, please reply to this thread and provide the following information:
  • Head-Fi Username:
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located.
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition.
  • IEMs that you currently own.

Logistic Arrangement:
  • We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations.
  • We shall send Advar review package to the first reviewer in each group.
  • Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer.
  • The last reviewer on the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, Meze will cover the mailing cost incurred.
  • Meze will cover all import tax but please help us to control our tax expenditure whenever possible.
  • Unless other stated by your next reviewer, please use a trackable mailing service with a signature required.
  • If we have more than one Head-Fiers from the same metropolitan area/city joining the tour, we encourage them to pass the equipment in person to reduce shipping cost and mailing time and share the final logistic cost if needed.
  • To minimize tax and logistic costs, we shall avoid international shipping within the group unless the shipment is tax-free and low-risk/low-cost in logistic and custom handling.

Terms and Instruction
  • The tour reviewer can keep the Advar Tour sample for no more than 10 calendar days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship/pass the package on the 10th of your audition period.
  • By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to post a formal review and/or some form of impressions within 14 days after your audition period, and Meze Audio can use your review of the Advar for sales and marketing purposes.
  • We are particularly interested in the associated electronics you used during the review, and is most appreciated if you can include a photo of Advar with associated players, portable amp, or DAC/amp in your writing.
  • Meze Audio reserves the right to the selection, grouping, and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.

Publication guideline

You are free to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review/impression that the Advar is a free loan unit from Meze Audio, and you have/shall return the unit to Meze at the end of the review period.

Please do not post your impression in this thread because no one will read this thread after we finalized our tour reviewers. We want your reviews to be read by as many current or potential users of Advar as possible, so please share your review to the official Advar thread, the Advar Showcase at Head Gear, or any related general discussion thread in the Head-Fi forum if you happen to be an active member. On top of the Head-Fi forum, you are welcome to post your review/impression/photo to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine, etc., Please tag your review/impression/photo with #MezeAdvar so that we can keep track of your contribution, which is an important factor when we shortlist tour reviews in subsequent products.

Meze_Audio_Advar_lifestyle 2.jpg
In_ear_monitor_Meze_Arvard nozzle.jpg
Meze_Audio_Advar_on_DAP.jpg
Hi there, I'd love to participate in the Aussie leg of the Advar tour!

• Head-Fi Username: NeweyMatt
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Newcastle, Australia
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: I've not published any reviews, but I have given impressions on various gear here on HeadFi, and would look forward to sharing my thoughts on ADVAR.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: HiBy RS6, A&K SR25, iPhone dongle, Schiit Bifrost2/Jotunheim2, Vali2+, Asgard3
  • IEMs that you currently own: Sony IER-Z1R, Campfire Andromeda2020, 64Audio U6t, 64Audio A12t (incoming), Unique Melody 3DT, Campfire Onyx, and a lot of ChiFi. I'd also be very keen to compare ADVAR's "Meze DNA" with my Empyrean.

May 16, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #21 of 50
This is awesome, I'd love to try the ADVAR

• Head-Fi Username: jieranli
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Irvine, CA, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: Questyle CMA15
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: iBasso DX312; Gustard x26Pro > XI audio Broadway Balanced > Abyss Diana TC/ IEMs connected with iFi IEM match
  • IEMs that you currently own: Unique Melody Fusang, Final A8000, Leisurely Audio E16, Leisurely Audio E12

May 16, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 50
Congratulations to all those who get selected for this tour in advance! I look forward to seeing the community's impressions on the ADVAR - I had a great time trying it with the Meze team at Axpona.

May 16, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 50
Here you go

• Head-Fi Username: ywheng89
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Penang, Malaysia
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: https://www.head-fi.org/members/ywheng89.416926/#showcase-reviews
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: Cowon Plenue D2, Chord Mojo, Questyle M15
  • IEMs that you currently own: FAudio Major, Effect Audio Axiom, Dunu SA3

May 17, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #24 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: @gLer
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Cape Town, South Africa
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: https://www.head-fi.org/members/gler.474900/#showcase-reviews
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: HiBy RS6, R5 Gen2, Sony WM1Z, Sony TA-ZH1ES
  • IEMs that you currently own: Sony IER-Z1R, Blon BL-03

May 17, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #25 of 50
Hi Andy,

I'd be interested in test-driving these IEMs :)

• Head-Fi Username:. csglinux
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located:. Los Angeles, California.
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: https://hypethesonics.com
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: LG V60, Hugo 2, A&K SP2000.
  • IEMs that you currently own: Shure SE846 & KSE1500, FiR M5, VE Erlkönig, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Noble Sultan. And way too many others that are almost as good.

May 17, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 50
Hi @Andykong , I'm really interested to hear the Advar and would love to see a tour around South Africa. We also have the great @xenithon and @gLer around here with lots of experience.
  • Head-Fi Username: @CrocodileDundee
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located.: Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. - Multiple impressions and reviews across multiple threads. Most recent VE Phoenix Here.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. - RS6, RU6, Apple Dongle (practicality is as important as expensive stuff)
  • IEMs that you currently own. - 64a 12t, 64a Duo, EE LX, Fir Kr5, JH Layla.

May 18, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #27 of 50
Another one from Germany.
  • Head-Fi Username: kela66
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Freiburg, Germany
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: None yet, but give a beginner a chance :wink:
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: Chord Mojo 2
  • IEMs that you currently own: Would be the first, but I love Meze already :)

May 18, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #28 of 50
I would love to audition the Advar! My details below
  • Head-Fi Username: hitchhiker
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located.: Bangalore, India
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere.: On Head-fi's fb group as well as here on head-fi on https://www.head-fi.org/members/hitchhiker.286134/#showcase-reviews
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. : Fiio M11 plus Ltd, Caying N5 mk2, AK Kann, NW-104, DX160 and more
  • IEMs that you currently own. : Ex1000, CA Ara, AKG K3003, Mangird Tea, ER4P, Z1R, QDC Gemini and more

May 19, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #29 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: o0genesis0o
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Adelaide, Australia
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. I am starting a review website at https://iegems.nk-tran.com. I also publish on Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/members/o0genesis0o.554242/#showcase-reviews
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. Fiio KA3 and Fiio BTR5 as sources for A/B tests
  • IEMs that you currently own. CFA Andromeda 2020, Final Audio E5000, Final Audio A4000, Moondrop Blessing 2, Fiio FD5, and many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back