Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #3,271 of 3,538
Thank you for the explanation :thumbsup:

I will contact you. Do you replace one cup, or must both be replaced (to ensure colour matching) ?

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #3,272 of 3,538
Hello,

We assure you that we use CNC-ed real walnut wood. No wood pulp or MDF is used in the manufacturing process.
You can see in the pictures below (yes, we destroyed a cup for the sake of this thread, haha :smile:) the wood fibre inside, and also, the wood grain seen on the ear cups indicate that they are made of real wood.

If you need any help with replacing your cup, please contact our customer care, at support@mezeaudio.com.
Hope this info helps!
You love to see it. Meze once again proving why their company is top tier. I won't ever get rid of my 109 Pro's.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #3,273 of 3,538
You love to see it. Meze once again proving why their company is top tier. I won't ever get rid of my 109 Pro's.
they got some respect from me too after this post. nice done meze. i will never get rid of my 109 either. but there is no chance i am going to drop them on the floor anytime soon.
i just love how easy to drive they are. i kinda want a new amp since i also own a 660s 2 but with the 109, do i really need one? no i don't think so

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #3,274 of 3,538
I've been demoing a 109 Pro for the past few days and one thing that doesn't stop bothering me is that when I move my jaw or tilt my head I always hear pop sounds and metallic pinging, probably from the steel headband moving against the cup attachment. Does this get better after a while? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere which makes me wonder if other users even encounter this effect.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #3,275 of 3,538
I've been demoing a 109 Pro for the past few days and one thing that doesn't stop bothering me is that when I move my jaw or tilt my head I always hear pop sounds and metallic pinging, probably from the steel headband moving against the cup attachment. Does this get better after a while? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere which makes me wonder if other users even encounter this effect.
I had the same...guess it's not just me then...lol.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #3,276 of 3,538
Yeah one of it's flaws. I'd say you get used to it and thats pretty much true.

Feb 1, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #3,277 of 3,538
I never noticed it till you mentioned it. If I snap my head to the right there is a small click at the suspension joint. I won’t do that again :wink:

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #3,280 of 3,538
Probably depends on your head size and ears.

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #3,281 of 3,538
been talking to the guy in my local hifi store a good while ago and demoed the empy og and focal clears (both where phenomenal)
but still the 109 shines for me every single day. been asking him what the point of the upgrade cable is, beside its looking good?
he told me that it removes the metallic sound or what some call metallic treble i don't notice any of it with my Hart cable, do you really need the upgrade cable? the Meze once are freaking expensive

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #3,282 of 3,538
Got my OpenHeart cable today, good quality cable, colour that also matches and packed in a nice pouch and box, no more microphonics which was my main reason for purchasing and sounds great.
Edited because of cable make.

Attachments

• Phones.jpg
    Phones.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back