Meze Audio 109 Pro
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #2,926 of 3,467
I new owner or the Meze 109 pro here too. So far so good :)

EDIT:

My initial impressions are magnificent. I really love the sound of these cans. They have a little harsh frequency in the 5-6KHz range, but nothing to worry about. I think after the burn-in period, it will be almost perfect. I was able to listen to a bunch of other headphones in the store, for example, the Meze Empyrean that I didn’t like too much or the surprisingly well-sounding HifiMan Arya. The Arya seem to me super similar to the Meze 109 pro, almost like siblings. Does anyone think the same?

I also listened for a brief period to the Foxtex Th900MK2 and also a very nice and interesting headphone and the Aeon Flow (a little meh for my taste). I also tried the Audeze LCD-4z and another meh to the basket.

It was also very surprise to me that every high-end headphone I´ve tried has almost the same treble elevation.

So, in the end, I was very impressed to discover that (for me) the best headphone of the 7 or 8 I’ve tried was the Meze 109 pro. Maybe not the best technically speaking, but for my taste, it was the more enjoyable with a very nice resolution, space, timbre, and right amount of bass.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #2,927 of 3,467
I new owner or the Meze 109 pro here too. So far so good :)

EDIT:

My initial impressions are magnificent. I really love the sound of these cans. They have a little harsh frequency in the 5-6KHz range, but nothing to worry about. I think after the burn-in period, it will be almost perfect. I was able to listen to a bunch of other headphones in the store, for example, the Meze Empyrean that I didn’t like too much or the surprisingly well-sounding HifiMan Arya. The Arya seem to me super similar to the Meze 109 pro, almost like siblings. Does anyone think the same?

I also listened for a brief period to the Foxtex Th900MK2 and also a very nice and interesting headphone and the Aeon Flow (a little meh for my taste). I also tried the Audeze LCD-4z and another meh to the basket.

It was also very surprise to me that every high-end headphone I´ve tried has almost the same treble elevation.

So, in the end, I was very impressed to discover that (for me) the best headphone of the 7 or 8 I’ve tried was the Meze 109 pro. Maybe not the best technically speaking, but for my taste, it was the more enjoyable with a very nice resolution, space, timbre, and right amount of bass.
It's all about how we hear and our preferences. I didn't care for Empyrean or HD650. I loved AKG K812, but sold to finance a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch used.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #2,929 of 3,467
What a beauty and what an incredible sound!

Attachments

• Meze 109 pro.jpg
    Meze 109 pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #2,930 of 3,467
Hey guys, if you had to show off your headphones to a friend, what track would you choose? I’m looking for a song that really makes the 109 shine. Right now, I’m using “Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson. I’m not even a huge MJ fan, but this song sounds amazing on my Meze’s!

Any genre or type of music is welcome, I'm open to anything as long as it sounds spectacular on these headphones.

Thanks in advance :)

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #2,931 of 3,467
Hey guys, if you had to show off your headphones to a friend, what track would you choose? I’m looking for a song that really makes the 109 shine. Right now, I’m using “Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson. I’m not even a huge MJ fan, but this song sounds amazing on my Meze’s!

Any genre or type of music is welcome, I'm open to anything as long as it sounds spectacular on these headphones.

Well, I don't own a pair (lol) but want to get some at some point... Are they good with acoustics? If so, I'd recommend
Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go - live from Acoustics Live album
or Fleetwood Mac - Big Love live '97 from the album The Dance

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #2,932 of 3,467
These headphones take any piece of well recorded and well performed music to the next level. Nils Lofgrens performance on that track is otherworldly. The mezes just enhance that. If I wanted to show someone how great these headphones sound I could use Stevie Ray Vaughns Tin Pan Alley off of couldn’t stand the weather or Eric Clapton doing Peter Greens Man of the World off of The Lady in the Balcony. There are so many others, because these headphones are just amazing.

Oct 6, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #2,933 of 3,467

"Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" by Radiohead will sound great on any headphone with good sound quality.

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #2,935 of 3,467
Oct 6, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #2,938 of 3,467
My opinion after the 5 hours of listening - 109pro aren't suitable for the portable usage.
Desktop powerful system - is what they require.
That's why I didn't hear speed/dynamic, especially on the low end previously.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #2,939 of 3,467
thats weird the 109 are meant to be easy driven.
but sure they scale verry well with better systems. my K7 is more than good enough for my 109

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #2,940 of 3,467
My Lotoo Paw Gold Touch seems to drive them well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back