Meze Audio 109 Pro
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #2,761 of 3,591
haha i guess you meant me. i guess i overreacted. the mezes really are great cans. and i am not quite sure why i disliked them first. still have my issues with the treble on them thought, but only on some songs not everything
They are outstanding balanced with Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

Sep 9, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #2,763 of 3,591
what i noticed on the meze, even if the treble can sometimes be too much but i got more used to it now. compared to my 660s 2 the Bass is much more alive without getting too dark like the S2 which i really like about the 109. the 109 seems to bring music more to live in general i think. instrumental trance is a bless with the mezes

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #2,765 of 3,591
My headphones have arrived in my city tonight. Hopefully I get them tomorrow.:fingers_crossed:

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #2,766 of 3,591
My headphones have arrived in my city tonight. Hopefully I get them tomorrow.:fingers_crossed:
I’m excited to hear your impressions. I’ve been jealous of your Radiance for a bit and I finally got those today and boy you were spot on about those.

I really like the 109 Pro - they are gorgeous headphones and the treble doesn’t bother me, but I admit it might be aging ears saying that.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #2,767 of 3,591
I’m excited to hear your impressions. I’ve been jealous of your Radiance for a bit and I finally got those today and boy you were spot on about those.

I really like the 109 Pro - they are gorgeous headphones and the treble doesn’t bother me, but I admit it might be aging ears saying that.
I am hoping my ears are just as aged and don't mind the treble.

I have heard the treble will put holes in the side of your head, the mids are so recessed you can hardly hear them and the bass is non-existent. :grin:

Hopefully, my experience is a lot better than that.

I am not a huge fan of closed backs but the Radiance are wonderful! When I need isolation from either side of the headphones, I am happy to put them on.

My birthday is on Saturday so I am going to have a few drinks tomorrow and hopefully explore my new cans.:L3000:

Sep 14, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #2,768 of 3,591
I am hoping my ears are just as aged and don't mind the treble.

I have heard the treble will put holes in the side of your head, the mids are so recessed you can hardly hear them and the bass is non-existent. :grin:

Hopefully, my experience is a lot better than that.

I am not a huge fan of closed backs but the Radiance are wonderful! When I need isolation from either side of the headphones, I am happy to put them on.

My birthday is on Saturday so I am going to have a few drinks tomorrow and hopefully explore my new cans.:L3000:

109 Pro is somewhat V-shaped to my ears - the bass is there. 🙂 I am curious which of your excellent amps will pair best with them.

An early Happy Birthday to you! 🎂🎧

Yeah, I prefer open backs generally but there are times when isolation is very much needed and having some pleasant closed backs is 👌🏽🙂

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #2,769 of 3,591
109 Pro is somewhat V-shaped to my ears - the bass is there. 🙂 I am curious which of your excellent amps will pair best with them.

An early Happy Birthday to you! 🎂🎧

Yeah, I prefer open backs generally but there are times when isolation is very much needed and having some pleasant closed backs is 👌🏽🙂
I am thinking that the Violectric will soften some of that treble, if needed.
The tube amps will do that even more, although they will likely reduce some detail.
And if the bass is a bit weak, the iFi can give some bass boost. :relaxed:

Looks like a fun weekend ahead although Hurricane Lee is supposed to hit us Saturday. They usually quiet down by the time they reach us up north due to the cooler water, but we'll see. Can't really count on anything weather wise anymore.

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #2,770 of 3,591
i read a few pages back that the 109's work well on an otl tube amp!
any others have same experience?

i have an otl oin the post (hopefully arriving soon) and really fancy the 109's but have not pulled trigger on them yet.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #2,771 of 3,591
i read a few pages back that the 109's work well on an otl tube amp!
any others have same experience?

i have an otl oin the post (hopefully arriving soon) and really fancy the 109's but have not pulled trigger on them yet.
I'll let you know in a few days. I have an OTL tube amp (Valhalla 2) and an OTC tube amp (Little Dot MK9).

I just put them on and I am starting with my Violectric V220 (Solid State).

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #2,772 of 3,591
I know, everyone has posted pic's, but...
IMG_20230915_160025301_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20230915_160035062_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20230915_155044287~2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #2,774 of 3,591
Hi, worth to use this headphones with portable devices?
Yes, it is - if the portable device is good enough to give you the quality sound this headset demands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back