Meze Audio 109 Pro
Aug 19, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #2,731 of 3,591
are there any after all? i still waiting for dekoni to release their pairs.

also i am asking if the stock cable really is that bad? i use my 109 pro with my hart audio cable and they are fantastic with it

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2,732 of 3,591
So I just received my 109 Pro a couple days ago. Still getting used to them. Comfort is pretty good but I do feel that because of the head band design the ear cups clamp my head in a weird way. Also the ear cups are spring loaded so the bottom part of the cups press against my jaw under my ear. So that part is a bit uncomfortable. Because of the head band design it feels like the ear cups are going to slide down my head as well. Perhaps the elasticity is a bit loose in the head band. As for the sound. Definitely brighter than my HD600 or Aeolus. Takes some getting used to but my tube amp helps tame any harshness.

Aug 19, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #2,733 of 3,591
what i find interesting is that these cans are very enjoyable even at low volumes, i can't enjoy my 660s 2 that much at low volume, is that becouse they are much brighter?

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #2,734 of 3,591
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #2,735 of 3,591
how does soundstage actually work? i don't get it, i mean the drivers on every headphone are left and right. still i find it so magical listening to the 109 pro staging. every time i use my 660s 2 i start missing the stage of my mezes it is so damn smooth and has a lot more information.

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #2,736 of 3,591
i started loving the extra brightness of the 109 pro over the 660s2. also i feel like there is much cleaner bass and they still punch quite good. my s2 is sometimes quite dark for some tracks where the meze do shine instand. it is incredible how different 2 warm sounding headphone can sound. also i think the 109 pro addes much more air to to sound
Wow, you have really turned your opinion around 180 degrees over the last month or two, on these headphones.

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #2,738 of 3,591
I know this hobby is like a drug, and we are always striving for a better experience, so forgive me to add to the temptation. But for me, the Meze mono silverplated wire upgrade cable enhances the separation, air and imaging qualities of the 109. It does so on my other cans too. I have the 119 $ version (not pcuhd). It might feel "dry" for some, but its worth a try.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,741 of 3,591
how loud can you play your mezes before they start getting painful?
Who would actually test that?
I'd never play anything so loud that it gets painful, and neither should anyone else.

If it's painful you already overdid it

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #2,742 of 3,591
I know this hobby is like a drug, and we are always striving for a better experience, so forgive me to add to the temptation. But for me, the Meze mono silverplated wire upgrade cable enhances the separation, air and imaging qualities of the 109. It does so on my other cans too. I have the 119 $ version (not pcuhd). It might feel "dry" for some, but its worth a try.
I agree with your impression. No way I'm going back to the stock cable once I started using the upgrade cable. The 4.4 mm is even better on the right source

Sep 2, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #2,743 of 3,591
A year late to the party, but after falling in love with the 109's at CanJam the other week, I've now got myself a pair.

The 4.4mm custom cables I ordered from Skyaudio cables are working a treat with them too.

IMG_20230902_204515.jpg

Loving every minute with these!

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #2,744 of 3,591
These headphones have been an experience, I had read about them being easy to run and that is indeed the case. I've paired them with my Moondrop Littlewhite and I haven't split from them since they arrived, comfort, pleasing sound and detail, with the unmatched quality that Meze has to make soundstage delightful in almost every genre I throw at it.

I've used them so much that my partner (who is not into audio) took them to test and hasn't given them back, and is now asking me for options she can buy for herself. When they said this were joyful and fun to listen to, they were not lying.

I am very pleased with them!

DSC01680.JPG

Sep 3, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #2,745 of 3,591
These headphones have been an experience, I had read about them being easy to run and that is indeed the case. I've paired them with my Moondrop Littlewhite and I haven't split from them since they arrived, comfort, pleasing sound and detail, with the unmatched quality that Meze has to make soundstage delightful in almost every genre I throw at it.

I've used them so much that my partner (who is not into audio) took them to test and hasn't given them back, and is now asking me for options she can buy for herself. When they said this were joyful and fun to listen to, they were not lying.

I am very pleased with them!

I have pretty much settled down with Meze 109 Pro, Shure SRH1540, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B headphones. All used balanced. I love all three sets. Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B is the most source dependant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back