Meze Audio 109 Pro
Jan 13, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #1,411 of 3,500
I'm so tired of these cable and burn in comments and debates. Just let it go and stick to the theme of the thread. If you want to argue these topics, open a new, dedicated thread. So many threads where these things are brought up. When I decide to read a dedicated thread, it's so much easier to follow the topic at hand without these comments. We hear what we hear, end of story.

Jan 13, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #1,412 of 3,500
I'm so tired of these cable and burn in comments and debates. Just let it go and stick to the theme of the thread. If you want to argue these topics, open a new, dedicated thread. So many threads where these things are brought up. When I decide to read a dedicated thread, it's so much easier to follow the topic at hand without these comments. We hear what we hear, end of story.
Forums are meant to help. Reading about a user's "agony" to improve his results obligates some other users to wright what they know. Be it a certain cable or be it an advise to abandon an unfruitful and costly path. What we know* is what we know - and what most of us give.
*Know = study + experiment + proof.

Jan 13, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #1,413 of 3,500
Forums are meant to help. Reading about a user's "agony" to improve his results obligates some other users to wright what they know. Be it a certain cable or be it an advise to abandon an unfruitful and costly path. What we know* is what we know - and what most of us give.
*Know = study + experiment + proof.
I see, so your subjective opinion is what people should base their thoughts and future purchases on? It's not helpful, and can actually be misleading. Only the individuals ears can dictate in this hobby. If I listened to everything people said, based purely on opinion and preference, I would have missed out on quite a bit of good gear.

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #1,414 of 3,500
I see, so your subjective opinion is what people should base their thoughts and future purchases on?
That's the entire purpose of product reviews.

Some people are paid a lot of money to give their subjective opinions. Some people give their opinions for free. And some people don't appreciate the free opinions.

Life's complicated.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #1,416 of 3,500
I am sorry to upset you, but you are mislead. Your fear has no base. You cannot hit the bottom, because this topic is bottomless.
Just think about power cable burn in, power cable burn in of the power conditioner, silicon case burn in etc...

Joke aside - at the beginning of my jurney burn-in sounded like a stupidity. Since then I have experienced iem burn-in, DAP(!) burn-in. Cable burn-in not yet, but each of my new cable was coming with at least one another new element in the chain. Or my ears will not be sensitive enough. We will see.

Galileo was almost burned in, because he believed in something that others did not - at that time. Later on it turned out that he was closer to reality. So who can be sure?

If you want to follow in Galileod footsteps you need to prove your findings.. You know that's how science works :)

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,417 of 3,500
Did some quick pads swapping. The Meze pads are sonically very good but I don't like the feel on my 2 day shave. The Dekoni offerings for Beyerdynamic and Fostex TH-900 style pads fit quite well. I have a few of them laying around.
These findings are all done by swapping the pads for only a few seconds to get the first feel of them.
Cable used (since 109% of this thread is about cables... 🤷) is a cheap Chinese after-market cable that I always use with 3.5mm headphones cause I like it's handling.

Full leather pads: enormous mid-bass
Fenestrated pads: The polar opposite, extremely airy, issues with lack of bass
Velour style: Less air compared to the fenestrated pads, a bit more bass but nowhere near stock levels
Choice suede: Enormous mid-bass, no air at all. Strong mid focus
Hybrid pads: quite even, closes to the stock pads with an overall better feel but these pads have the 'old' style lip which is too thick for the gap the 109's provide
Stock: A bit more difficult to get on, but doable once you get the hang of it. by-far the most neutral.

Edit 15-01-2023 I also tried Misodiko velour pads for Beyerdynamic (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32814814636.html) which add some bass but keep the rest quite like stock. For me personally the comfort was slightly improved. Can be an option for a spare set. Wonder if any of the other pads they have are a closer to stock experience.

If anything is close to stock it's the misodiko velour pad*.

*: IMO and YMMV

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #1,418 of 3,500
Cable arrived today along with the lookbook that was missing. Looks great with the 109’s!!

9BDC3E3F-4357-4A30-B8F9-669395C0021A.jpeg

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #1,419 of 3,500
I was close to returning these after 3 weeks of owning them. The treble was rough for me so I gave them this past weekend to decide if I wanted to keep them. Well, I dont know if its my ears that changed but I swear they suddenly sound pretty balanced and that hot treble is mostly gone. These headphones are definitely a major win now

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,423 of 3,500
I was close to returning these after 3 weeks of owning them. The treble was rough for me so I gave them this past weekend to decide if I wanted to keep them. Well, I dont know if its my ears that changed but I swear they suddenly sound pretty balanced and that hot treble is mostly gone. These headphones are definitely a major win now
the premium upgrade copper cable will sound even better ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back