Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Nov 7, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #346 of 520
I wouldn't confuse warmish with treble extension.
The Rai solo is forward sounding and maybe the most bright and less relaxed Meze creation.
Advar is relaxed, full bodied , liquid, smoother but still highly resolving.
Anything else stand out in the Advar vs Solo comparison? I’m wrestling with whether to splurge on the Advar as my first (and possibly only) DD IEM.

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #347 of 520
Anything else stand out in the Advar vs Solo comparison? I’m wrestling with whether to splurge on the Advar as my first (and possibly only) DD IEM.
What else to stand out?
They are different tunings so it is up to your preferences.
To get personal, I much prefer the ADVAR to the Solo which I find it on the bright side, analytical and slightly clinical.

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #348 of 520
I also much prefer the Advar over the Rai Solo.

Different price points but still.

Nov 8, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #350 of 520
Fwiw, I also preferred the advar over the rai penta actually

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #351 of 520
Do not wrestle. Splurge.
If you have the means, it is a no-brainer.

Nov 9, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #352 of 520

I own both but I’ve only listened to a few songs on the Advar, whereas on the Solo I have much more experience. Too soon for me to compare objectively but...

What else to stand out?
They are different tunings so it is up to your preferences.
To get personal, I much prefer the ADVAR to the Solo which I find it on the bright side, analytical and slightly clinical.

... this may be very close to my opinion...

I also much prefer the Advar over the Rai Solo.

Different price points but still.

... although they really ARE at a different price point...

Thank you both. That was just the gut check I was looking for.

... I decided it was a worthy upgrade. Very happy so far. I’ll post further comments as soon as I form a supported opinion.

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #353 of 520
Thanks for the feedback. This will be a year end purchase for me, so I’ll be interested in your impressions as you continue to listen to the Advar. Even if I cross off the Solo as an option, I’ll still have the Fiio FD7 to consider. This feels like work! 😊

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #354 of 520
I'm in search for some eartips which can tame the treble, especially in the 6-8kz area, where Advar has the peaks.
Until now, only Spiral Dots and Earsonics double flange seem to work for me (tried also some models from Azla, Acoustune, Symbio, Sony)

Are there any others that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #355 of 520
I'm in search for some eartips which can tame the treble, especially in the 6-8kz area, where Advar has the peaks.
Until now, only Spiral Dots and Earsonics double flange seem to work for me (tried also some models from Azla, Acoustune, Symbio, Sony)

Are there any others that you can recommend?

Thanks!
Final-E Tips do the trick on the FD5 for me.
Maybe they'll work on the Advar also, for you ofc. :)

Someone has tested these on the Advar?

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #356 of 520
Final-E Tips do the trick on the FD5 for me.
Maybe they'll work on the Advar also, for you ofc. :)

Someone has tested these on the Advar?
These are the Standard tips of the Advar

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #359 of 520
For me , the best tips for Advar,are Azla Crystals...Nice..

IMG_4563.jpgIMG_4561.jpg

Best regards

Sisco

Dec 3, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #360 of 520
In my search for the best midfi DD I've bought the Advar to go along side my IE 600, Acoustune HS1670SS and DUNU Vernus hoping it's going to match them if not beat them in quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back