Meze 99 Neo Discussion + Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #16 of 582

Because guys like Rob Watts from Chord loves them
tongue.gif
.  I think they sound glorious, and they are incredibly comfortable. Most people don't give them a chance to burn in past 150 hours, but that makes a huge difference with the NH's (whether you believe in burn in or not lol).

I heard a pair of Night Hawks that was burned in. 

The sound was not bad, but it was rolled off, thick, and lazy. I did not try to EQ them at all, so after EQ they might improve. 

By default 99C and 99N are faster, the transients and textures are better defined and the treble is not rolled off. The treble is all there after EQ so it is not rolled off, but rather smooth by default. 

BTW, I'm a HD800S kinda guy.

And You're entirely right about the comfort. Really comfy.  But 99C is also very comfy. I like comfy headphones 
etysmile.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #17 of 582

In with the new. Learn the tricks from the established authority and use them in your advantage. ​
 ​
It's not about showing off, it's about being true.
 ​
Meze 99 Neo - coming soon
 ​
 ​

​

Are you going to be at CanJam SoCal on April 8-9 ?
And more importantly, are the 99 Neo and 99 Classics going to be there? 
wink_face.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 582
Because guys like Rob Watts from Chord loves them:p .  I think they sound glorious, and they are incredibly comfortable. Most people don't give them a chance to burn in past 150 hours, but that makes a huge difference with the NH's (whether you believe in burn in or not lol).

The pair I listened to had been fully burned in, well over 250 hours. However, my audition was with the NH plugged into the FiiO X5-3. So... not the best source for realizing their full potential. :wink:

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #19 of 582
The pair I listened to had been fully burned in, well over 250 hours. However, my audition was with the NH plugged into the FiiO X5-3. So... not the best source for realizing their full potential.
wink.gif

I'm actually curious about this. Most people seem to love X5-3 and it is a good DAP. Have you double checked so that the unit you heard wasn't faulty? 

(The treble was very smooth to those ears as well, but read you saying that it has bad dynamics. I do fear that maybe you heard one that had a factory default)

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #20 of 582
Subbed. Love my 99c's in Maple/Silver, these would look awesome sitting alongside them. Would love to A/B them to hear the sonic character that the wood imparts.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #22 of 582
Subbed

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #23 of 582
Any Australian stockists confirmed yet? 

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #27 of 582

Are you going to be at CanJam SoCal on April 8-9 ?
And more importantly, are the 99 Neo and 99 Classics going to be there? 
wink_face.gif

Would you be able to explain why I see one for sale on Amazon...? Shows only one left in stock for $249. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #28 of 582
  I've lusted for the 99's for quite some time. I figure they would compliment the nighthawks rather nicely, and would be a great "closed" back option. But the looks of them meant that for me, they would be resigned to only being worn at home.

The Neo however looks like a headphone that I'd be happy to wear out of the house with. Very nice!

Resistance is becoming yet more futile lol!

Can you explain why there's one left in stock on Amazon, lol...? I see you're logged in so that's why I'm asking...

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 582

What's the ETA for availability in the US? And are you considering any discounts for pre-orders for Head-Fiers?

Thanks!

Strange that I'm seeing one for sale on Amazon... Can you or anyone clarify this please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back