Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #784 of 7,702
  Traveling to Romania next week and I was wondering if I could audition the Meze 99 and the IEMs at the Baia Mare HQ? That'd be great!

Yes, that would be! Maybe meet The Man himself!

beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #785 of 7,702
Oh, that would absolutely make my stay! Will have to drive over 300km for it but that's no problem. Hopefully I will get some guidance for Meze soon if indeed visiting, auditioning and buying Classics at their HQ is possible. Staying in Romania until first week in September so I'm quite flexible.

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #786 of 7,702
I would love to compare the 99s with my PM3 with both plugged into the Mojo. Know I'll purchase the 99s then and there if possible but would love to compare for fun and also to see if Tyll was right or not in his review ☺️

Aug 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #788 of 7,702
  Hey all.

I just wanted to share an interview I filmed earlier today with Lorand and Vlad of Meze regarding some new products and implementations by the company.

Cheers!

I spent about 1/2 an hour at the Meze booth. They are great guys. The Meze 11 Iridium sound like mini 99 classics. They are going to be a big hit.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #789 of 7,702
  I spent about 1/2 an hour at the Meze booth. They are great guys. The Meze 11 Iridium sound like mini 99 classics. They are going to be a big hit.

Don't say that, I don't need a new pair of IEMs, or any headphone for that matter. 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #791 of 7,702
  Hey all.

I just wanted to share an interview I filmed earlier today with Lorand and Vlad of Meze regarding some new products and implementations by the company.

Cheers!

So did I hear correctly (@ appprox. 3:40 of the video) that there will be a third, still larger size (64mm & 24mm deep) earpad coming out with the next production batch of 99's, and they will be available separately from Meze sometime in the future?  For reference, the initial ear pads were 55mm x 40mm x 21mm? deep; and the current earpads introduced in April are 60mm x 50mm x 21mm deep. I presume that Meze will be keeping the 50mm dimension.

For the folks that were on the list waiting for the "larger" earpads, I wonder which ones they'll get. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #793 of 7,702
I've seen lots of conflicting reports about this, but can anyone say how well these isolate and how much they leak sound at medium to high volumes? Like would they work in an office environment with lots of voices and little room to leak sound? I have a pair of AKG K845 that leak too much and isolate too little for comparison, and am also comparing to IEMs, though I know they'd be pretty different. Thank you

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #794 of 7,702
  I've seen lots of conflicting reports about this, but can anyone say how well these isolate and how much they leak sound at medium to high volumes? Like would they work in an office environment with lots of voices and little room to leak sound? I have a pair of AKG K845 that leak too much and isolate too little for comparison, and am also comparing to IEMs, though I know they'd be pretty different. Thank you

The 99 Classics are excellent at not leaking sound. I have stood beside family/friends as they demo'd them and I hear nothing at medium to high(ish) volume (in a moderately noisy living room). In terms of isolation, I will say they are above average, but it all depends on the fit (/how big your head and ears are). I can tell you they isolate better than my Momentums and are at least on par with my SRH440s'.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back