Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
May 23, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,326 of 7,704
I find this world interesting sometimes... Or maybe it's just me, but to lose faith because of one sample of one product is not right in my opinion.

Yes if you had repeated issues, fair enough. But if you come from a manufacturing point of view there will be the odd lemon that passes through QC.

Oh well, you get to send them back for a full refund and get an IEM more to your liking, I just feel if you wanted to try the product you'd get a replacement. Unless you tried them and didn't like them, then the cosmetic blemish and clicking from one cup makes it easier to return.

May 23, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,327 of 7,704
I did write a long reply to the above post, but then thought "**** it".

I bought what turned out to be a sub standard product, with two separate manufacturing issues.

Why, when there are litterally hundreds of headphone manufaturers out there wanting my money, should I give Meze a second chance. One defect could be forgiven, but two? No.

Also, when I own a product I enjoy being part of a like minded commenity. Everyone else before you has been sympathetic, but you made me feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacsuit. It is not my faulf I received a faulty product. Don't try and make out it's my fault. You might be up Meze's arse, but I am not.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #2,328 of 7,704
I'm just saying, if I bought something because I read about it and it was the product I really wanted (say a phone or laptop).

It was delivered, it has a scratch and also some of the casing wasn't flush.

I would get a replacement, over dismissing the whole product line and company.

At least that's what I'd do if I wanted the product.

It just seems to me you don't actually like the meze 99 classic, and if you had made more of a point of that, than the faults, then that's fine to me.

May 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #2,329 of 7,704
I do like the sound, just not Meze's quality control with the cosmetic fault, or the build quality with the clicky cup.

Anyway, I've had enough of this, being made out to be in the wrong when all I expected is to receive a product of merchantable quality. I'm unsubscribing from this thread, so post more replies making me out to be in the wrong if you want.

May 23, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #2,330 of 7,704
So far i haven't faced any QC from Meze.. However, I suggest you return the product as they dont match up to your expectations. I wouldn't live with it either!
Ouch that is being too touchy!

Edit: Meze should have said something...

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2,331 of 7,704
Why would you say "They don't live up my expectations", making it sound that it's me in the wrong and then say "You wouldn't live with it either"?

Also, what do you mean be "Ouch that is being too touchy!". If it's me feeling that I am being made out to be in the wrong and should give Meze more chances to send me sub-standard poorly built products, then yes, I'm touchy.

Sooner be touchy than up Meze's arse!

Headphones that I have owned, that didn't have cosmetic defects or mechanical problems include, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear, Momentum over-ear, HD650, Audioquest NightHawkes, NightOwls and Shure SRH1540.

Says it all really.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #2,332 of 7,704
You're not wrong at all. What i am saying is that these unfortunate things happen. They (Meze should be more careful) about QC. Touchy was in jest and may not have been the most appropriate usage! Let's just move on. If i tell you what iFi did to me then there would be no end now would there?!

May 23, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #2,334 of 7,704
There isn't a manufacturer in the universe that doesn't send out a few dodgy units. No matter where you go you'll find a couple customers who've had a bad experience.

May 23, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,335 of 7,704
There isn't a manufacturer in the universe that doesn't send out a few dodgy units. No matter where you go you'll find a couple customers who've had a bad experience.

That's all part of a large production line, after having experience with the workflow of a normal company, it is easy to understand those things.

Either way, just to name my experiences so far, Meze, iFi, FiiO and Sennheiser answered questions, solved requests and quandaries within 1-3 days, all questions and problems were solved nicely and their service was lovely! I really appreciate all of them for their work and for their prompt and customer friendly answers!

I think that Meze is one of the companies you want to have a headphone from and I understand that they have been present at Munich so they might still be answering questions posed in that period of time, let's give them time to answer to everything! I'm sure that they will clear out everything!

May 23, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #2,336 of 7,704
I have seen QC issues with almost every brand I have heard of in regards to audio (personal plus reading here). It happens to every company at one point or another. What is important to the matter is how the company responds to you and their effectiveness in working with you to make it right. I also want to say how much easier the whole process can be if you buy through an authorized dealer that you have a relationship with! :wink: (I mean come on, can't blame me for tryin right?)

Edit: I missed what the guy said above me, he hit the nail on the head

Last edited by a moderator:
May 23, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,337 of 7,704
I have seen QC issues with almost every brand I have heard of in regards to audio (personal plus reading here). It happens to every company at one point or another. What is important to the matter is how the company responds to you and their effectiveness in working with you to make it right. I also want to say how much easier the whole process can be if you buy through an authorized dealer that you have a relationship with! :wink: (I mean come on, can't blame me for tryin right?)

Edit: I missed what the guy said above me, he hit the nail on the head

Ahahaha, I actually forgot to mention this, but for solving issues with FiiO, I talked with them, but AVstore, their Romanian dealer actually exchanged the product in 3 minutes, so both are to be commended!!

I do recommend working with a local dealer as well when possible, it saves the shipping time and such, not to mention how much simpler warranty becomes!

AVstore is a Romanian company and you're from another continent so my comment actually shows that good dealers help the customers a lot with getting their issues solved!

May 23, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,338 of 7,704
Indeed. The mark of a good company isn't perfection, but how well they handle the situation when imperfection arises.

May 23, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #2,339 of 7,704
I do empathize what @Darren Cotter is going through and at some point or another a few of us may have the unfortunate experience too. Understandably, it is no fun to be at the receiving.

Anyway, as they say, there are many ways to skin a cat. Like wise, there can be many ways to handle / resolve a matter like this and I would say it is probably best for both consumer and product company to work towards resolving it.

Allow me to start by saying my matter is resolved - notably and worth-mentioning, by E1 Personal Audio, a local authorized re-seller for Meze products in Singapore. I purchased my Meze 99C online and unfortunately, the unit I received via mail delivery has a minor chip (see pic) on one of the wooden cups which I notice immediately after unboxing. I struggled and subsequently decided to contact E1.

Though I don't think it is my place to disclose the resolution we arrived at but suffice to say E1 stepped-up and has resolved the issue for me in a satisfactorily and an excellent customer service manner. I can only presume that Meze being the product company will in-turn stand behind and accord a resolution for their authorized re-seller. I'd like to think these are odd-one-out for Meze... and if there are recurrence and if it is indeed QC issue, I trust @MezeTeam will be addressing it.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my Meze 99C and I'd like to take this opportunity again to say kudos to Meze for wonderful product and thank you E1 Personal Audio for the excellent customer service.

Meze99C_chip.jpg

Attachments

• Meze99C_chip.jpg
    Meze99C_chip.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 0
May 23, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,340 of 7,704
I do empathize what @Darren Cotter is going through and at some point or another a few of us may have the unfortunate experience too. Understandably, it is no fun to be at the receiving.

Anyway, as they say, there are many ways to skin a cat. Like wise, there can be many ways to handle / resolve a matter like this and I would say it is probably best for both consumer and product company to work towards resolving it.

Allow me to start by saying my matter is resolved - notably and worth-mentioning, by E1 Personal Audio, a local authorized re-seller for Meze products in Singapore. I purchased my Meze 99C online and unfortunately, the unit I received via mail delivery has a minor chip (see pic) on one of the wooden cups which I notice immediately after unboxing. I struggled and subsequently decided to contact E1.

Though I don't think it is my place to disclose the resolution we arrived at but suffice to say E1 stepped-up and has resolved the issue for me in a satisfactorily and an excellent customer service manner. I can only presume that Meze being the product company will in-turn stand behind and accord a resolution for their authorized re-seller. I'd like to think these are odd-one-out for Meze... and if there are recurrence and if it is indeed QC issue, I trust @MezeTeam will be addressing it.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my Meze 99C and I'd like to take this opportunity again to say kudos to Meze for wonderful product and thank you E1 Personal Audio for the excellent customer service.

I'm that it got solved nice and easy for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back