Meze 99 Classic equalizer settings?
Apr 6, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 24
Just from my experience, the pad swap will change the sound more, at least when going from stock to "new small" pads. On top of that, what the silver cable does is it takes the basic sound you get and refines it. Silver cleans up the overall sound so it scales higher, with slightly less bass and extended treble.
Thanks, so would you suggest to buy both? The „new small“ pads and the silver cable or only one of them? Do both complement each other?

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 24
I believe the small pads are the original pads as they switched to a bit larger ones just a few years back mine are from 2016 and can’t imagine them being any smaller than them. Haven’t tried the Silver cable so don’t know on that.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #18 of 24
Thanks, so would you suggest to buy both? The „new small“ pads and the silver cable or only one of them? Do both complement each other?
It depends on how much you want to kit out your 99s. I think the pad swapping will produce more drastic tuning changes than a cable swap, but the silver cable will improve the overall tonality and timbre of whichever pads you generally prefer. If your goal is get the best sound from the 99s, get the cable. If you want to reduce bass as well, consider a pad swap. The small Meze pad won't change the sound as much as 3rd party pads, from what I've read, but the change from stock is around 4-5dB, so it's a significant reduction in bass but the bass shelf is still pretty massive.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #19 of 24
May 8, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 24
After few tests I found Innerfidelity one the best! It's the only one that preserve the character of nice bass of Meze 99 classic

May 10, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #22 of 24
May 10, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #23 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back