Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #76 of 500
Got my Hex in at around 5:30 this afternoon. I've been enjoying it straight out the box since. Getting great detail, extended highs and a surprisingly deep and full bass with RCA cables. This is a very analog sounding DAC. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #77 of 500
After reading TurnN'Cough posts here, I have read a few reports regarding RAL, and while there were people complaining on certain forums, I read tons of replies to those people, by others who, after either having had delays, or simply having got paranoid for those internet reports, received everything correctly.
On a website, a guy was even accused to be badly intentioned towards RAL. I don't remember if it is Audiokarma, anyway this stuff can be found pretty extensively on Google.
Other info I found were regarding a big increase in demand around 2008 that Brad couldn't fullfill, and apparently, the delays started there, but they subsequently got sorted.

For what I am concerned, I am not very worried about the shipping. I also think it's a good plus, that Steve Nugent from Offramp is offering RAL usb cables for sale on his website. In any case, I will report back once the cable gets in my house.

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #78 of 500
Yes there was a backlog of orders for RAL which I believe he/they eventually completed. Not sure what is going on currently though or in fact what led to those delays in the first place.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #83 of 500
subscribed, this needs to be considered since I'm looking toward the eximus dp1. they seem to be both in the same price range and the hex has the balanced output compared to the octave. would you guys prefer a nice usb cable or something like an iusb running these types of dacs?

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #84 of 500
Any updates Cradon? Also, I enjoy extensive cable discussions as much as the next guy
rolleyes.gif
, but, some in depth impressions of the Hex itself would be brilliant at some point.

-Daniel

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #85 of 500
Yes more impressions would be great, I am deciding between this and the Eximus DP-1 and I am liking the way this one looks thus far in comparison.....the DP1 is obviously no slouch but the way the Hex handles the USB input from all the reviews is enticing.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #87 of 500
I think the HEX will be my next DAC.  It's right at the top of my price range that I'm willing to pay.  Time to save.  I prefer DACs with no headphone out and no preamp stuff.  Just straight DAC..

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #90 of 500

Yeah the Vega got a really good review from Chris @ CA..

but if we use the transitive propert of dac comparisons >.> p86 said the vega was better than the D2 but worse than the Invicta, and then currawong said the Master 7 was just a smidge better than the Invicta(as in he couldnt really hear a difference, but it felt more musical)....so therefor the Master 7 > vega :p

my problem is that i really want an awesome digital volume control so i can nix the pot in my amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back