Metropolis - Restored At Last?
Jul 5, 2008 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
It appears that an UNCUT copy of Fritz Lang's Metropolis (the greatest SF film ever made) has been unearthed in Buenos Aires.

METROPOLIS Rebuilt!! Fritz Lang's Long-Missing, Full-Length Edit Has Finally Been Located!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Kino is scheduling the release of the new footage on Blu-Ray and DVD next year, hopefully integrated with the existing footage that has already been restored. The below link includes a German report that shows some of the new footage.

UPDATED!! Images From Newly Recovered METROPOLIS Footage!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Now, if only someone would find the lost Spider Pit sequence from the original King Kong.

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 12
When it comes out, I will at last watch the film.

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 12
How appropriate, that character is wearing cans.
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 12
I can't wait. I saw the present version years back and would love to see it in a complete form. What I'm really hoping for, however, is a screening of the complete version. Might happen around Hollywood somewhere, and I'll be there.

Reminds me of the missing footage from Lost Horizon, another favorite. I think Capra burned a reel or two; my guess is that we won't be seeing that any time soon.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 12
Wow, I can hardly believe it. I just watched this again for a class and wrote an essay on it this past semester and was thinking that the lost footage was truly gone.

Seems too good to be true! I will watch the new version when it comes out. Not sure if it needs bluray though as the original quality is none too great relative to modern day standards.

Jul 5, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 12
eek.gif

Sounds Legit .. WOW,
I'm really looking forward to this ! =) yippie

Jul 6, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 12
Fantastic. I can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back