Metro.fi's?
Jan 25, 2007 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
There's practically nothing on them on the forums. They've been out for a couple months now, so what's the consensus? The only helpful post I've found was from Iron Dreamer. He said they sounded a bit like DT770's, but to a lesser extent. I won't go into details, as I don't remember exactly what he sad nor do I feel like checking. Anyway, I remember a tiny bit of hype pre-production of these. Seems odd that they've been totally ignored, as they may be able to compare to CX300's, Vibes, and other similarly priced canalphones.

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 16
Thank you.
Iron_Dreamer, how would you compare them to the Super.Fi 3, Vibes, CX300 and JBL 220? Which you would prefer considering that it should be mostly used in noisy environment?

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 16
are these even still going to be produced?

i was waiting for them, but they seem to have been taken off of earphonesolutions.com and headphone.com and i no longer see mention of them anywhere on ue's site
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Millennium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you.
Iron_Dreamer, how would you compare them to the Super.Fi 3, Vibes, CX300 and JBL 220? Which you would prefer considering that it should be mostly used in noisy environment?

Of those I've only heard the SF3, and briefly at that. I would say they have a better midrange and sound more refined/resolving than the Metros, but don't have the same bass punch (just nice, respectable bass for an IEM).

It looks like Amazon is having no problems selling them: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-.../dp/B000JFHEL4

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 16
you can still get them at amazon.com for around 80 dollars. i got them for about two, three weeks ago. i like them alright. somewhat like an upgrade over my ep630. better at everything. comfort is about the same. you know you don't need to put them all the way in like most iem or my er6i. i know i'm going to get either triple fi or u3(not exactly sure the name but the new westone one) later so this is more like a backup later. i think i'll probably use them in gym when i get a better one.

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 16
These are down to about $55 on Amazon. How do these compare to the Crossroads X3?

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 16
I've got some of these and the quality is pretty stellar. It's certainly not an overall sound that'll please everyone, but the bass is remarkably deep and it brings out the highs beautifully. With a bit of EQ tweaking on the portable player they could even be described as 'great'. Focus is definitely on smooth bass though, which I've heard a few other people say.

They also fit very comfortably and go in/out as nicely as one can expect, although I have quite small ear canals and have to use the smallest size of the several included to get a good fit.

The only downside I really have of the overall sound is that female voices can sometimes sound a bit grainy/shrill/piercing. They also obviously don't bring out the subtleties that I get from my Sennheiser HD595s, although I might be being a little over-expectant there.
wink.gif

I'm sure the Super.Fi 3s probably sound better, but do bear in mind that the Metro.Fi 2s will slip into your ear in much the same way as a normal earphone, whilst the Super.Fi 3s loop over the back of your ear and the unit that houses the drivers/etc is quite large. I've heard the phrase "two lego bricks sticking out your ear" used to refer to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

That may or may not factor into your decision.

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #14 of 16
Wow guys, I come back to see my thread after how many months? Don't even know why I made it. Anyway, great post, Ryan. Brought in almost all of the aspects to consider while lacking most bias.

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can still get them at amazon.com for around 80 dollars. i got them for about two, three weeks ago. i like them alright. somewhat like an upgrade over my ep630. better at everything. comfort is about the same. you know you don't need to put them all the way in like most iem or my er6i. i know i'm going to get either triple fi or u3(not exactly sure the name but the new westone one) later so this is more like a backup later. i think i'll probably use them in gym when i get a better one.

Just out of interest: How would you compare them to the UM1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back