Metro.fi 200v w/ mic for 24.99 @ amazon
Jun 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #19 of 94
When I had the Super.fi 3, I encountered the same problem regarding the tips. I believe this may be due to the smooth surface of the silicon tips, which gets "slippery" with the introduction of sweat or earwax. I ended up using some new-style Audio-Technica tips (similar to the Sony Hybrids), which had a much grippier surface and better comfort and fit.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 94
question...how do these compare to the altec lansing uhp336 (which is supposedly the same as the UE Super.Fi 3 Studio) ? They are similar in price and Id like to grab one of these for my son
thanks!

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #21 of 94
Funny you should ask. I am listening to the ALs right now, just came from Amazon, via UPS. Quick reaction? The ALs have a deeper bass kick, more powerful bottom end, and somewhat warmer. I immediately dumped the OEM tips (UE tips don't agree with me) and slipped on a pair of Sony Hybrid (large, light green stem), and they feel feel great too. Hmm, give the choice, I might say the Metro.Fi is a better value. But this is without a direct A/B listen. I will do that later and check back. But for $60, I got these two great little pair of phones. This is fun, and very recession friendly. As I just posted on another thread, these reduced-priced phones (ADDIEMS, MF 200v, AL UHP 336) are close to the mid-priced phones ($150-$200) but are a lot less risky, in terms of loss or theft. And also are good for the gym, etc. For me, as I posted, it's either top shelf (W3s) or "best of the bottom" shelf.

I'll update this when I have a chance to listen to both the phones in question.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #22 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you should ask. I am listening to the ALs right now, just came from Amazon, via UPS. Quick reaction? The ALs have a deeper bass kick, more powerful bottom end, and somewhat warmer. I immediately dumped the OEM tips (UE tips don't agree with me) and slipped on a pair of Sony Hybrid (large, light green stem), and they feel feel great too. Hmm, give the choice, I might say the Metro.Fi is a better value. But this is without a direct A/B listen. I will do that later and check back. But for $60, I got these two great little pair of phones. This is fun, and very recession friendly. As I just posted on another thread, these reduced-priced phones (ADDIEMS, MF 200v, AL UHP 336) are close to the mid-priced phones ($150-$200) but are a lot less risky, in terms of loss or theft. And also are good for the gym, etc. For me, as I posted, it's either top shelf (W3s) or "best of the bottom" shelf.

I'll update this when I have a chance to listen to both the phones in question.

thanks....I look forward to you comparing them back to back.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #23 of 94
I got MF 200 once, not that impressed. It is been while since I owned it. My memory is little fuzzy, it is surely a bassy IEM, warm, little muddy. I got them as a spare pair for gym, as far as I discovered it was not close to 5 pro which I was not too satisfied, I didn't dig deep enough to make full review of it.

For its price tag, it can not beat.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #24 of 94
I don't find the MF 200v muddy. Not top-tier, for sure, but bassy and muddy isn't how I hear it. Could be the price factor at work, but seems decently detailed to me.Warm, maybe, but detailed and decent mids and highs. Bass is there, but not dominant.

I just got in, so my comparison with the SF3/AL336 will have to wait for tomorrow.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #25 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got in, so my comparison with the SF3/AL336 will have to wait for tomorrow.

throw in the addiem too for the budget bout!

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #28 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About this deal..why is it so low? Seems one of those "too good to be true". Are UE trying to get rid of the stock? I'm interested in it just because of the price.

I'm pretty sure the MetroFi 200v(i) has been discontinued (replaced by the 220vi), so this is probably just Amazon clearing their inventory as you pointed out.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #30 of 94
That is them, and don't let the customer feedback (2 total) bother you. Of course, just because I really like them doesn't mean you will. But others have liked them with several different phones, from the IE8 on down. They have smaller sound tubes, so you have to stretch them (I use the side over the top approach) to fit phones with larger sound tubes (Sony, UE, etc.), but they will go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back